Roast waht to do

stanimals2

Full Fledged Farker
Hey everyone Getting down to the 1/2 point of my last 1/2 of beef and have a lot of all kinds of roast left. Any really good way to smoke these and which ones would be best used ? I never really did much beef other than the good old crook pot.

Thanks, Stan

It really depends on the cut, Stan. What roasts do you have left?

I will have to go look but I know I saw rump, shoulder and arm last time I was in there but probably more than that

Thanks, Stan

Chuck roast is good cooked basically like brisket, until it is tender. If you make it good and tender by cooking it farther than you normally would a brisket you can make good pulled beef with it.

I agree with Chris on the chuck. The other roasts are pretty lean, so they won't do well with a long cook. I've cooked rump roasts at lower temps (225 - 250), but have pulled them from the pit at an internal temp of 125 - 130 and let them rest. That gives you a nice medium rare that can be sliced thin for sandwiches.

the shoulder-smoke to 140 & thin slice for italian beef sammies or shred & simmer for french dip sammies or cube & simmer for steak ranchero.:becky:

Back