View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #55
Billdanc
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Just like most of the brethren on this site, i have cooked on many smokers. I have a stick burner, eggs and a Spicewine medium. That being said, i wish i had known about Spicewine smokers years ago! I would have saved myself a considerable amounts of money! The Spicewine is hands down the the best cooker i have ever cooked on, and i will tell you why. The ease of "set it and forget it" while entertaining guests,and not having to rush outside to make sure your temp is not running away from you,or the temp dropping, as i would with a stickburner is fantastic. I guess you could call me lazy. Next, the cooking capacity is fantastic compared to my BGE's, slide out shelves are a must! Also the ability to use wood chunks instead of splits is financially feasible, i don't live where i have access to large amounts of smoking wood. Last, but not least, is the rock solid construction and awesome insulation and heat retention of the Spicewine! Just my .02 cents. By virtue of the money you are investing, you will get a great cooker, then you will learn to use it like a champ