Freezing foods

mranum

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have been thinking about a vacuum bag system for saving cooked food in the freezer. Seems such a waste to only smoke 1 meal at a time.

Are there any brands/models I should stay away from? Like to find a decent unit in the $50-$80 dollar range if possible.

I have been thinking about a vacuum bag system for saving cooked food in the freezer. Seems such a waste to only smoke 1 meal at a time.

Are there any brands/models I should stay away from? Like to find a decent unit in the $50-$80 dollar range if possible.

If you are willing to spend just a little more then you can get exactly what you need. I bought a Foodsaver system in 2008 and I have never regretted it. Best system for the money.

I was looking at my local farm store and they have the Food Saver brand. They had 4 models from $50-$200. :confused:

The cheapest looked pretty chincy though.

Food Saver is the way to go, spend a few extra bucks now and you will not regret it later.......

better off getting one that doesn't need special bags. Over the life of the unit you will spend far more on bags then you ever will on the unit.

food saver is the best "middle of the road" vacuum unit IMO. check Kohl's and ebay for some good prices. Food saver has great customer service. I find the bags cheapest at Sam's or sometimes foodsaver has specials with free shipping if you sign up for their email specials.

Well sounds like Food Saver is the way to go :thumb:

Just so I know for sure how these things work, the roll is a continuous roll so you can use any depth you want? Roll off what you think you need and cut? Any particular size you guys use the most?

Back