• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Grill Kings

O

oneofthegrillkings

I just wanted to clarify one issue that has risen from our announcement of not holding a 2007 event. Grill Kings is not gone for good we will be taking a much needed year off.

While we are not fully aware of what it is like to prepare and compete in an event, most teams do not know what goes into holding an event, especially on Long Island and all the politics that are involved.

One way for us to better understand you the competitor is to do what you do, so yes we will be heading out to compete this year and hopefully get a good 4 events in.

The way we see it is, when Grill Kings does return and it will, we will have a much better understanding of a teams needs. Plus we finally get a chance to just go out and compete.

We thank all the teams for their efforts over the years!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Your just getting in some practice so u can compete for your belts. :wink:

I'm sure I can speak for many of the Brethren teams.. we got plenty of room under our tents for ya. :) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thansk for all you guys did.... and get your butts back here!!

I wish I could win the belt never happen though so I guess I will have to settle for the American Royal (HA HA HA). Competing should be great.

BBQchef33 said:
Your just getting in some practice so u can compete for your belts. :wink:

I'm sure I can speak for many of the Brethren teams.. we got plenty of room under our tents for ya. :) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thansk for all you guys did.... and get your butts back here!!

so your now going to compete to see what its really like.
Why dont you just show up at Willie B's on the 28th of JAN for our little tailgate and see what we put in to it.
( I love you men )

rbsnwngs said:
so your now going to compete to see what its really like.
Why dont you just show up at Willie B's on the 28th of JAN for our little tailgate and see what we put in to it.
( I love you men )

what's happening on the 28th? I'm ready for a challenge.

Sounds like a plan Dean... Looking forward to seeing you at some of the contests...

If you need help at any contest, just ask. Good time to start reading old posts to get you headed in the right direction.

Last edited:
Dean, thank you for your past efforts and best of luck with this season. I'll be looking forward to Grill Kings '08.

That's great Dean - competing is a rip and the insights you gain from our side of the judges table will be a huge help in tweaking Grill Kings and making it even better.

you are welcome to cook with us anytime or if on your own set up next to us and we'll walk you through everything. We are pretty much at all the NEBS events and a few in NJ/PA
Have a great holiday Dean!!!
nancee

Good to see you are going to compete. That is great. And I to look forward to Grill Kings return in 08.

Good Luck from South Dakota Scotty D

oneofthegrillkings said:
I just wanted to clarify one issue that has risen from our announcement of not holding a 2007 event. Grill Kings is not gone for good we will be taking a much needed year off.

While we are not fully aware of what it is like to prepare and compete in an event, most teams do not know what goes into holding an event, especially on Long Island and all the politics that are involved.

One way for us to better understand you the competitor is to do what you do, so yes we will be heading out to compete this year and hopefully get a good 4 events in.

The way we see it is, when Grill Kings does return and it will, we will have a much better understanding of a teams needs. Plus we finally get a chance to just go out and compete.

We thank all the teams for their efforts over the years!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Great. Another team to beat the piss out of us.:mrgreen: Good luck Dean. Looking forward to seeing everyone in the spring!

Thank you to everyone for all the support. We are looking forward to competing, learning what goes on from cooks perspective, hanging out and oh yeh most of all getting drunk with all of you.

Nancee we will definitely do a NEBS event or 2 and as I said we are looking at Highland and Asbury Park which I am sure I will see most of you at.

One promise however is, no laughing or making fun if we bomb out. Or set fire to our food because we drank to much and felll asleep. Actually that was Willie B in 05'

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!!!!!!

great news, thanks for the update...we need more newbies, this way we won't look so bad...

it should be a lot of fun, look forward to see you at some of the competitions :-D

Back