Hot n Fast Seared Lamb Chops

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Well, Moose posted a thread where he marinated some lamb chops and rubbed them with The Rub Co.'s Barbeque rub so naturally we had to try it. We changed one thing as we had no fresh rosemary so we used EVOO, Sea Salt, Fresh Cracked Black Pepper and Fresh Thyme. Marinated overnight in the frige then brought to room temp and rubbed. I made a VERY hot fire in the kettle with a full chimney of lit plus a couple chunks of hickory. I put them on the kettle directly over the fire vertically bone side down for one minute, placed them flat for two minutes, flipped and seared for two minutes more and they were done. Got some great carmilization on these. We also roasted some fingerling taters in the kettle first (coated with EVOO and cooked indirectly) and then grilled some fresh asparagus coated with EVOO and sea salt and cracked black pepper. The chops were awesome. The taters absorbed some nice smoke and the asparagus was perfectly done with still a nice crunch. Here's some pics:

menu.jpg

The Rub Co's rub has a real nice color

rubbed-7.jpg

chops-1.jpg

Crap...Photobucket issues again.

chops1-1.jpg

chops2-1.jpg

chops3-1.jpg

Oooooo! We can smell it!
smellit.jpg

sear-1.jpg

Done

chops4-1.jpg

And Plated

chops6-1.jpg

chops5-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Hey!! There's one missing!

What a beautiful meal! Those chops look fantastic G.

Haven't even had breakfast yet and now I want that. The chops look awesome, although I could probably do without the asparagus for breakfast...:becky:

Oh Man Guerry! You're turning into a total Lamb Whore!!!!!:becky:

Talk about racking up the ALF's!

ALFTickofApproval.gif

Lurve the flame licking up around those chops... and those Pussy Cats waiting at the door!

Cheeers!

Bill

Oh Man Guerry! You're turning into a total Lamb Whore!!!!!:becky:

Talk about racking up the ALF's!

Lurve the flame licking up around those chops... and those Pussy Cats waiting at the door!

Cheeers!

Bill

I blame you.:becky:

Yep, those chops were awesome...and yeah, he is turning into quite the lamb whore. And to think, just a year ago he wouldn't even consider trying it!:crazy:

PerPhectly seared G.!:cool:
Nice Phlames!

Yeah, the olive oil dripping off those chops really kicked up the fire a notch. Nothing but a bed of very hot coals until the moment that first chop went on bone side down. It was a fun ride, but I do need to get some longer tongs...:shock:

Yep, those chops were awesome...and yeah, he is turning into quite the lamb whore. And to think, just a year ago he wouldn't even consider trying it!:crazy:

Your arm twisting helped me see the errors of my ways.:becky::thumb:

Yeah, the olive oil dripping off those chops really kicked up the fire a notch. Nothing but a bed of very hot coals until the moment that first chop went on bone side down. It was a fun ride, but I do need to get some longer tongs...:shock:

Try searing picanha Phat...Phlames turn up balls high.:thumb:

SAM_0798.jpg

SAM_0796.jpg

...might need some Phire protection for that beard though...:becky:
...with all that likkur drenched in there and all...
...Phwooosh!!!

Back