THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Satay" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmokeJumper

is Blowin Smoke!
San Francisco, CA and Phu Quoc Island Vietnam
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Satay"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 9/18.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]SmokinAussie[/size]
DSC_0611_948.jpg

[size=+2]deguerre[/size]
attachment.php

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
IMG_0646-1.jpg

[size=+2]zydecopaws[/size]
IMG_28651.jpg

[size=+2]Sleepy Smoker[/size]
satay8.jpg

[size=+2]SmokeJumper[/size]
FinalSatayPlated1200.jpg

[size=+2]BlkJeep[/size]
DSC03311.jpg

[size=+2]Chef Jim[/size]
Finish.jpg

[size=+2]Jonny Rotisserie[/size]
IMG_0933-1.JPG

[size=+2]MadCityJim[/size]
IMG_2045.JPG

[size=+2] bluetang[/size]
attachment.php

[size=+2] {Midnight ☼ Smoke}[/size]
Picture126.jpg

[size=+2] BBQ Grail[/size]
Satay4.jpg

[size=+2] Moose[/size]
SatayThrowdownShot1.jpg

Wow, great entries..had to go with the Aussie for most authentic looking..Nice job SA!:thumb:

Extremely honourable mentions to all, even the peeled back chicken bone..:thumb::clap2:

Last edited:
I went with Gora!:becky:
Just kidding!

I chose for SmokeJumper cause...the spread is just awesome!
I'd hit that all (I mean all of it...clean plate/banana leaf) and I wouldn't be ashamed!:cool:

Probably it's got to do with my Surinam and Chinese blood but I love to see the heads on these creatures.....sorry Gora!:wink:

Maybe I would've ate the banana leaf as well!

There were many excellent entries this week, but I had to go with SmokeJumper due to the variety in his dish. It shines just a bit brighter than the rest, in my eyes.

Great job all around to everyone though.

Oh so it's about quantity...not quality...

Okay, I get it. I knew I should have went with my first thought. I should have satay'd a whole cow...

At first I took that the same way but I think what they meant to say was "what a variety". I could be wrong but that's how I'm going to take it...

BTW Larry, if would have done 25 chick pops, you'd get my vote!! :becky: :boxing:

Regardless of the results, as far as I'm concerned, there are no losers here! Every entry is exceptional! My hat is off to each chef on their entry. :thumb:

Back