What a great idea grilled pineapple in a chicken salad.
My husband asks for pineapple in his coleslaw, which I don't think is right,
but in chicken salad and grilled I can't wait to try it.
It looks fantastic.

For some reason (Throwdown) I decided to give the grilled fruit salad thing a try again. This time I skewered up some Pineapple and melon, sprinkled them with brown sugar, and threw them on the OTG while we were cooking up some burgers and foiled potatoes.
0531101841.jpg

While these were cooking away, I decided that it would be great to come up with a streusel like topping to put over the top of the fruit salad. After digging through the fridge, I came across a block of neufchatel cheese that was close to expiring and figured, I'd go with a cream cheese type frosting for the grilled fruit salad so, I gathered together the following ingredients for it.
0531101845.jpg

I then stirred it all together and let it cook for a few minutes over the low heat, just until it started to bubble (my stove runs quite hot).
0531101901.jpg

When it was all done, I took the pineapple off the skewers, chopped it up, mixed it with the melon, through on some strawberries and blue berries, and then drizzled my cream cheese type frosting over the top. (please use my next pic for my Throwdown entry).
0531101946.jpg

Thanks for looking. You can read more about it, the joys and the pain. Here

Um...what's all that fat free and reduced fat stuff?
Looks good Tom!

You even used fat free powdered sugar?:shock:

It looks delicious BTW:cool:

Um...what's all that fat free and reduced fat stuff?
Looks good Tom!

You even used fat free powdered sugar?:shock:

It looks delicious BTW:cool:

The scary thing is, I think the brown sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice are fat free as well. :shock:
I admit it, I've been trying to decrease my gravitational pull on smaller objects, trying, not really succeeding but, still trying. :rolleyes:

It's hot and humid outside. That salad looks perfect! Mmmmmmm, blueberries!

Gore that looks fantastic. Guerry I figured I would give the old chicken salad a chance (can't blame a girl for trying). Hopefully I won't zero out.

Here's my entry:

Grilled Carne Asada Tostada

Made on homemade and then hand fried tortillas topped with homemade refried pinto beans, fire grilled USDA Choice skirt steak, topped with lettuce, grated colby jack, and topped with fresh pico de gallo and spicy salsa roja.

SaladThrowdownPic.jpg

Moose, great looking salad. Now whey can I never find anything that looks that good in a restaurant?

Chris, this is for reference.

Love the "BOWL" Gore!

Ok Guerry, it doesn't look like a "bowl" -- I actually rested it on it's side, like a cornucopia. I did it this way mainly for the picture so you could see the innards better. For some reason the pic makes it look flat, but it really isn't. Here's an image of another one I made previously:

IMG_4311-1.jpg

OK then. Love the cornucopia/bacon thingie!

Let the salad days rage on: Hail Caesar!

I decided to make a Caesar salad.
But even I have to admit that salad alone is not a meal so I added chicken. I am also a firm believer that you can't have too much bacon on a Caesar salad so I stuffed the chicken with it as well as sprinkled it on top. I made the stuffing with bacon and Parmesan cheese.

IMG_0156-1.jpg

Then slit open some chicken breasts and filled them.

IMG_0157-1.jpg

These were grilled

IMG_0166-1.jpg

and sliced

IMG_0169-1.jpg

I made a Caesar dressing

IMG_0161-1.jpg

and dressed the salad lightly. There was a whack of garlic so a little went a long way.

IMG_0174-1.jpg

I topped things off with some olive-oil-toasted baguette rubbed with fresh garlic. I made some into croutons.

IMG_0164-1.jpg

I served this with bread and a glass of white wine

IMG_0186-1.jpg

Back