Contest Results Barn Burner BBQ, Libertyville, IL, October 16 & 17, 2009

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big T'z Does it again! Ryan and Sonia (I hope I spelled that right) came into Illinois, took names and kicked butts!

Grand Champion - Big T'z Q Cru
Reserve Grand Champion - Quau

More results when they are posted on KCBS.

Last edited:
Congrats all on cooking in some tuff conditions.

I should also mention that Smokin' Joe and Tippycanoe BBQ Crew came in 3rd overall and Divemaster and Stock Car BBQ took first place brisket! Lots of others brethren received calls as well.

Nice job Dive! You've been doing great with brisket all season long.
Congrats to everyone else as well! Pete G.

Grand Champion: BIG T'Z Q CRU
Reserve Champion: QUAU

Overall:
1 BIG T'Z Q CRU
2 QUAU
3 TIPPYCANOE BBQ CREW
4 SMOKEY JOEL/CUBBY BEAR
5 STOCKCAR BBQ
6 SMOKING ADDICTION BBQ
7 ONE 2 BBQ
8 THE SMOKE HUNTERS

9 CANCERSUCKSCHICAGO.COM
10 SMOKIN SCOTSMAN

Chicken:
1 BIG T'Z Q CRU
2 MEDIEVAL SWINES
3 BREW-B-Q
4 SLUG BUG BBQ
5 SMOKEY JOEL/CUBBY BEAR
6 KRE SMOKERS
7 Q-N WITH AN ATTITUDE
8 SMOKESTARS
9 TIPPYCANOE BBQ CREW
10 ONE 2 BBQ

Ribs:
1 CANCERSUCKSCHICAGO.COM
2 BIG T'Z Q CRU

3 QUAU
4 STOCKCAR BBQ
5 THE SMOKE HUNTERS
6 SMOKEY JOEL/CUBBY BEAR
7 STAR-B-QUE
8 SMOKING ADDICTION BBQ
9 TIPPYCANOE BBQ CREW
10 ONE 2 BBQ

Pork:
1 TIPPYCANOE BBQ CREW
2 SMOKING ADDICTION BBQ
3 BIG T'Z Q CRU
4 QUAU
5 MEIEVAL SWINES
6 BARTLETT BONEHEADS
7 SMOKIN LOGAN BBQ
8 THE SMOKE HUNTERS
9 SMOKEY JOEL/CUBBY BEAR
10 BREW-B-Q

Brisket:
1 STOCKCAR BBQ
2 BIG T'Z Q CRU

3 QUAU
4 CAPT RONS BREW-N-QUE
5 SMOKIN SCOTSMAN

6 ONE 2 BBQ
7 THE SMOKE HUNTERS
8 DUECES WILD

9 KRE SMOKERS
10 TIPPYCANOE BBQ CREW

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to all who got calls! Hell of a day from Ryan and Big Tz to win by 20+ points! Kinda sad to see the year come to an end for us, its going to be a long winter...

Wow Ryan, Nice job with the ribs and the GC. Tippy 4 calls thats teh right way to end the year. Congrats to all the Brethern who got calls.

New to the list...had a blast at our 2nd contest

Our team, like all others, fought to keep warm; we saw 38 at 3am. The libation at Walt's place at 9:22 helped. Looking forward to a Winter of experimentation and 2010 full of smoke.

We dropped our egg after Milwaukee...and got the parts in just-in-time for this contest...and it came through for our Pork!

Thanks to Woodfellas for getting us into this addictive hobby!

Team Smoking Addiction
Manitowoc, WI
Ben, Kevin, Joel and Andy Schmitt
www.smokingaddictionbbq.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Ryan, Joe, Scottie, Ron, Walt and everyone else that got calls. Despite the cold, it was a fun contest to cook. I was pleased with everything we turned in, but the judges continue to hate my ribs. I thought they were the best I had cooked this year, but I got pounded on them. We went for broke and tried something new on brisket, and while it wasn't a total disaster, it definitely needs a lot of work. Good think I now have 6 months to practice.

the judges continue to hate my ribs. I thought they were the best I had cooked this year, but I got pounded on them.

I'm right there with you. While our ribs may not have been the best that we cooked, we thought that they were better than the judges thought. Same for our pork. Oh well... It is what it is...

Despite the wet, chilly weather and being stuck in a spot where no one could find us, we had a great time up until the end. My parents came to visit us yesterday and while we were cleaning up my mom (82) fell while carrying some hotel pans. She tripped on the edge of a tarp. She had a pretty good gash in her chin so Parsley Lady took her to the ER. The team next to us (I don't remember the team name, but the cook was named Shawn) provided directions and even offered to go with to make sure that they made it OK. I'd like to thank them so if anyone talked to them and got the team name, please let me know.

Anyway, My dad and I finished cleaning up and stayed for the awards and then drove home. Parsley Lady and my mom made it home by about 7pm. My mom had 16 stitches in her chin plus a couple inside her mouth and a bruise knee, but she is fine. Thanks to everyone who asked about her after the awards!

Sorry to hear about your mom .Hope she isnt in too much pain today.

My parents came to visit us yesterday and while we were cleaning up my mom (82) fell while carrying some hotel pans. She tripped on the edge of a tarp. She had a pretty good gash in her chin so Parsley Lady took her to the ER.

Dang Ron I totally missed that, very sorry to hear it...hope she recovers quickly

Back