View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thumbs up Review - Sam's Club "Best of the West" 100% Mesquite Lump Charcoal

A couple weeks back I posted about my first time lighting up a chimney full of this stuff. Since that first lighting, I have only had very great results with this stuff. It is officially my new favorite charcoal.

This stuff comes in a 40 pound bag for $12 and change at my local Sam's. The pieces inside it are freaking huge, and I am really liking that option of having charcoal logs for putting on the smoker, awful convenient.

I only had issues with the coals sparking, and putting out lots smoke on my very first chimney laod. I can only guess there must have been a piece or two in there that was not fully charred. Since then however, after about 10 more chimneys, I have not had that problem at all.

I ran my WSM on this charcoal for 24 hours on this stuff from yesterday through this morning I had to refuel twice (I got 8 hours per load), and refueling was easy because the pieces are so big it was like tossing a few sticks in there basically. I had ZERO problems with sparking/popping or the charcoal producing smoke at all during this whole time.

This was my initial posting about this stuff.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...hlight=sam%27s
The first post would be a little misleading because that particular chimney-full sparked and smoked a lot, but that was the ONLY time that has happened to me.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->