Tejas 2040CC Thoughts?

Get both if they are even close to being in good shape! From the pics & specs on their website they are built to last, good steel thickness and fairly good looking fabrication. I'm guessing that even with a few years of cooking/abuse there is nothing a $20 paint job won't fix.

Hey Dale, I cooked on a 2040CC for about 4 years, 35 cooks give or take. It took a few times to learn the ins and outs, as with any cooker, but produced some good cue.

I found quickly that the smaller the fire the better for temp control, large chunks worked the best for me. This is the only offset cooker I have used with any regularity so can't give you any comparisons. Maybe someone will chime in.

Temp control depending on the weather was not always simple so paying attention was important. That's all I have, hope this helps. Good luck and post some pics if you buy.

Here is a pic of the one I used.

Attachments

• P2140202.jpg
    P2140202.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 173
Go to your safe, remove money stashed for bail needs, buy both.

Never cooked on one, but have seen them up close and they are super quality cookers. I had the 2040C on my very short list of cookers to buy about a year ago, but Tejas stopped stocking them at the place in Plano that was 25 miles from my house (and shipping from Houston became a problem), so I went a different route.

I was concerned about the 3/16 horizontal and the nine gallon water capacity. I don't see these features bragged about here.

What would be a steal? Or should I just move on. I have been looking and nothing really in my price range has been popping up,and patience is not my best virtue.

I would consider $1500 a steal and $1000 armed robbery (assuming they aren't beat to hell). Had I seen one for that price, I'd own it. The 3/16 is not going to be an issue IMO since the firebox is 1/4" and you are not in a really cold climate. The welds and fit were perfect on the ones I saw, so efficiency should not be a problem. What is your concern regarding the water capacity?

Bought new, a model 1628cc Deluxe. Very good quality and tight. Sold for $1500- wanted to try a cabinet type smoker. Prices are great and room enough to cook for airborne division. The vertical section will be at approx 35-40 degrees cooler than the barrel section, but you have a large barrel section with large capacity. Mine was 3yrs old and in excellent condt. Never tried cooking w/water-If they are not beat to hell its a great deal.

Well I called the guy and he said somebody already called and was on his way.

Another problem I have right now is I am on a walker. With no weight bearing for two more months and no truck. But I will not give up,my day is coming.

Back