A Southern KCBS Contest Site

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This was in Lenoir City, Tn and has to be one of the best sites I've been to – here’s a recount of our experience and personally I’d give it a 9. The first picture is of the cooks meeting around 5pm Friday. We really enjoyed our site after we got over the fear of rolling off into the water (we had some good scotches – both kind). Absolutely nothing went wrong on this cook with our equipment or anything and we just think it wasn’t our day and were just glad to have at least pulled out the 10th place chicken and a walk to the stage and the whopping 25 bucks that went with it. The new Platinum 3 is a cooking machine without equal and this one will stick with me awhile and I really am going to try and get a custom trailer for it asap. I fired it up at 3pm Friday and it would have ran till the the last of the cooking was done sat morning at 11:30 on one 20 lb bag of The Original Charcoal Co – Rancher Briquettes (Natural). End of story is it is suppose to be in the spring of 08 before we compete again but I won’t be surprised if I don’t give into the urge to find another contest sooner. A big thanks to friends Jose and Hellen for helping from start to finish and feeding us a fine dish of curried chicken and rice that Hellen fixed for Friday nights dinner and then had us over Sat night and fed us dinner again and a special Jose` breakfast casserole next morning just before seeing us off and on our way back home.
IMG_3320.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

That does look like a nice place and set up.

Did they have any other events going on?

Bill

Congrats on the walk.
And, thanks for the great pics and report!

Look at the Fl KCBS and FBA schedule if you just can't stand to wait!
Not that far away :lol:

Thanks,

TIM

Back