Has Anyone Mounted A Thermometer On A Weber GA?

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I just got one today and have not fired it up yet. Plan to use it for HH steaks, chops, burgers etc.

I like the grill to be between 550 - 600*F for this application. Thinking about mounting one with a 2" probe about half way up in the center of the side of the top lid.

Thanks for any and all input.

Marty Leach has... check it out!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141901

Congrats on your WGA! Great little cooker, for sure. I just got a WGA myself, right before Christmas. Have only had a chance to smoke a couple of fatties on it, but I absolutely love it! It's a 1979 "A", so I won't be making any mods to it. Be sure to share some pron when you've added your thermo!

Last edited:
Marty Leach has... check it out!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141901

Congrats on your WGA! Great little cooker, for sure. I just got a WGA myself, right before Christmas. Have only had a chance to smoke a couple of fatties on it, but I absolutely love it! It's a 1979 "A", so I won't be making any mods to it. Be sure to share some pron when you've added your thermo!

Thanks Bob13!

My bad for not doing a search! Great info by Marty. My app is different but gives some good ideas. :clap2:

I mounted one one tha I bought at academy for $12. But I don't have a picture for it right now. Here are a few pics to give u some ideas ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358444515.502565.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358444532.301059.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358444555.338287.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358444592.144222.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, some folks have. i have a hard time figuring how accurate that can be considering the size of the ga.

Rotiumbau.jpg

yes, some folks have. i have a hard time figuring how accurate that can be considering the size of the ga.

Rotiumbau.jpg

Very Cool Sir! Thanks! What is the mid extension and where do I get one? I do temps for a living and can see that it would be tricky.

Back