Who knew tri-tip was this good?!

g0nad

Found some matches.
Reaction score
After seeing all the awesome pictures of tri-tip here, I went down to my local butcher and found one. It was only 1.87lbs, rather small, but it had to do as that was the biggest they had! The butcher told me I could order bigger ones, just call well in advance. Maybe I will try that next time.

Rubbed it in salt, pepper, garlic, onion, yadda yadda yadda and then threw it on the WSM @ 250deg

1AMepdWh.jpg

I did not get a picture of it on the smoker, I was wayyy too busy. Until I got my smoker 2 months ago, I never cooked before I was busy making mashed potatoes and green beans. I'm getting the hang of this!

xYBlWuKh.jpg

And a little closer picture of the meat

hG5CAUMh.jpg

The 1.87lb tri-tip ended up feeding my family of 4. Very full bellies but no leftovers!

Thank you all for steering me to this lovely cut of meat. It has to be, bar none, some of the best stuff I've ever tasted!!!!!! I can't wait until I can do it again, I am sure it will be even better with the added experience!!!!!

Very nicely done, yep, tri-tip is delicious

There ya go bro! :clap2:

Welcome to the tri-tip club, one of my favorites meats. Nice job !

Nice looking tri-tip. :thumb: Tri-tip is definitely one of my favs.

Great job for your first Tri Tip! It's awesome! I had some last night. I wish I'd taken pics. Your's looks perfectly cooked!

Cheers!

Bill

Mmmmmm tri tip. When I first made it for my wife she absolutely loved it and she can be hard to please.....Great cook, looks delish

Yep, figured it out about 6 months ago; I think those left coast farkers were hiding it from the rest of us! Nice looking eats!

It's so sad that I can't get Tri tip in Mississippi!

That looks great! :hungry: And if you think they're good with green beans, you should try them with snap peas! :rolleyes: :becky:

Very nice looking tri-tip! It'll get you hooked. That is my family's favorite cut of meat. Period!

Yep, figured it out about 6 months ago; I think those left coast farkers were hiding it from the rest of us! Nice looking eats!

Im sorry, Tri who? Im sure we don't know what you mean.:spy:

Awesome. Had never heard of Tri tip until a few years ago then they started showing up in stores here. Took me a couple times to figure it,especially how to slice but now one of our favorite cuts.

Back