Who gets to cook for Mother's Day?

bander7003

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
It's not that the wifey doesn't like BBQ, she does. BUT I guarantee it won't be her choice for what to have on Sunday. If I'm lucky, she'll want something like burgers or a steak or even chicken wings, but it'll probably be Chinese food or something healthy :puke:

[Now if it was Father's Day, I'd be spending the entire day on the patio with my smokers and a beer.]

Anyway, what are the food requests out there for Mother's Day?

Fortunately, my wife loves BBQ! I'll be cooking a Wagyu brisket and a Compart Duroc pork butt for Mothers Day. My wife and kids are Bob's Hogs Competition BBQ Team, so we're using it as an excuse for a practice cook.

On Fathers Day, we'll all be cooking together again at the Rock N Ribfest in Merrimack, NH.

Fortunately, my wife loves BBQ! I'll be cooking a Wagyu brisket and a Compart Duroc pork butt for Mothers Day. My wife and kids are Bob's Hogs Competition BBQ Team, so we're using it as an excuse for a practice cook.

On Fathers Day, we'll all be cooking together again at the Rock N Ribfest in Merrimack, NH.

That's awesome. You're a smart man. I should get my wife on a BBQ team. That would be a good way to smoke more often. I had to google "Compart Duroc" to see what it was. Looks great.

Ive got my first Wagyu in the fridge unthawed for this weekend. Think I might take a picture of it pre cooked and put that in the card for her lol!

I have 6 racks of St. Louis style ribs. My wife's and my in laws favorite!

What I need is family members that think I am doing them a huge favor when I spend all day grilling and smoking. Instead, they realize I just spent the day having "me" time and I get no brownie points.

My wife asked for a chicken. So I will be doing that, 4 BB ribs and probably a small brisket. I don't get any brownie points either. They figured out years ago that I enjoy it too much.

I am doing a Boston Butt and a couple racks of ribs on Mother's Day. Saturday I am doing 50# of Maryland Style Pit Beef for a friend's party.

Going out to brunch at $36 a head.... My parents and In laws are coming also. Going to be an expensive Sunday.... I already laid down the law for fathers day. I am cooking and may try my fist brisket that day.

I'm feeling like a lucky man. Having the families over to celebrate my Mom, my mother-in-law, and my grandmother in law --

By request: Brisket, ribs, chicken wings (might throw on a pork butt because we have a couple picky eaters that LOVE our pork butt).

Oh, but my Mom's (sadly) a vegetarian. So lots of grilled veggies and a couple casseroles for her.

Going to be a fun (but early) Sunday!

My mom requested BB ribs, so I'm smoking those tomorrow. And I'm smoking a whole chicken and bacon onion rings for the in-laws on Sunday. And my wife has requested sushi in between. Good eating and a great time!

Yep. Pork butts for the fam here as well. I was also asked to make my doctored up baked beans. Gonna be fun.

I'll be smoking 3 slabs pork spare ribs
2 slabs beef back ribs :biggrin1:

Attachments

• DOUBLE STACK.jpg
    DOUBLE STACK.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 35
Wife has volunteered to make some Korean food for a friend, so I don't get to cook Sunday. Probably throw something on tomorrow, but have no idea what yet.

Fresh Maine lobstah is tradition regardless of price.

Back