• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

LP Weber Kettle?

For $20, I would buy it just to see what it is. Get a picture of the box and see if it came from Weber. I does have the Weber shape. I don't see any vent holes in the top though.

weber_grill_1971.png

They looked like this. Your pic sure looks like it!

Rare find Bob13. My brother picked up one almost identical to yours for a mere $3 at a yard sale for me. My lower bowl only has 2 holes in it. The large center one and only one smaller one and the handles were metal. The charcoal grate is much larger than the current ones made for the 22 1/2" kettles. There is also an reinforcement bracked on the grate.

The cool thing about the lid is this.
It has a wood handle. Had to make a new one.
No daisy wheel. Had to drill some holes
Large enough in diameter to fit my open drum with a 1/4'" wiggle room.
It has 4 metal legs that would sit on the lower unit raising the lid by 1/2" . Thus, no daisy wheel required. I just bent them over for a tight fit and drilled four 3/4 " dia. holes for the vents.
I love that lid.

My uncle had a propane weber kettle. We used it when we built a hunting cabin. On the virtual weber bullet they have a cookbook from the 70's that shows how you could use the gas kettle for direct or indirect cooking. I cooked many steaks on that old gas kettle until it "gave up the ship" about '95 or so.

Right on fellas. As much as I love Weber, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass on this one, unless I decide to just get it for the handles and pass the lid and bowl on. Funds and storage space are limited right now. So it goes... :frown:

That was my work - I want that puppy but won't be near there til the end of the month. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :cool:

Last edited:
I just scored this beauty out of Washington DC. Circa 1971 and NEVER used. I had to fight off a lot of people for it.

Last edited:
Had an old weber gas kettle at my hunting shack for many years. My uncle brought it up after he replaced it with an early Genesis gasser. The burner finally gave up the ghost in the mid 90's. One that looked in really good shape just sold on the Minneapolis craigslist last week.

Back