I gots me a drum hookup...

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Found a guy who has food grade drums(4) that contained citric juices. He says they are fairly clean inside and out. He wants $8 bucks each. Here's what I'm thinking............Welding projects!

One UDS for me, one UDS for my buddy, turn one into a WSM on 'roids using the extra kettle lid and bowl I have and maybe a drum grill for the inlaws.
Worse case scenario, I can turn one of the drums into a K9 Condo for our husky. I'll find a pic.
http://www.gundogsupply.com/k9kodoghowib.html

I think I'm on my way to a divorce!!

Am I being a greedy bastidge?

Yes, you are being greedy. With all those positive things happening, you're still hoping for a divorce? You can't have it ALL!

Yes, you are being greedy. With all those positive things happening, you're still hoping for a divorce? You can't have it ALL!
ROTFLMAO!!!

At least I'm sharing my good drum fortune with my buddy, and my dog, and the inlaws..............in that order.

Is that all it takes, buying four drums, to get rid of her? Dang I'm headed for the salvage yard in Salt Lake City first thing in the AM...

Make sure you can use the metal drums for the condo. The website mentions plastic drums only... not sure why.

If you are ever in the NW ARk area, you can get food grade drums $8 each all day long. The house of Webster jam and Jelly co. is located in Rogers, and has a loading dock full at any given time. If you are lucky, you can find them for $3 at the Little Debbie plan a few towns over.

I say build on brother,
Shawn

Take's more than 4 drum's for divorce.....TRUST me, i know!!! :cool:

Build on brother!! :wink:

"Scorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre!!!:twisted::p:lol:

In El Paso, that would turn into a dog cooker.

The drums don't get the divorce. The building drum smokers to avoid conversation gets the divorce.:icon_shy
I'd build an extra Doggy Condo for yourself, just in case.:wink:

Is that all it takes, buying four drums, to get rid of her? Dang I'm headed for the salvage yard in Salt Lake City first thing in the AM...

Yeah good luck finding a divorce attorney there.

That is a good score. It may not get you a divorce but your neighbors might wonder what the fark you are working on.

I called the guy today and he said he actually had 7-8 of them. If I bring them all home, I will get divorced and I'll be needing to make a dog condo for myself. After reading some of the dog trainer/sled dog forums, one guy mentioned getting all of his drums from janitorial supply/service companies. It makes sense, if anyone else is having trouble finding any drums. I'll be heading out to his place on Saturday.
The dog condos recommend plastic cause they don't rust, and they said somewhere that metal ones are okay as long as nothing toxic was stored in them. If I used plastic my dog, would use it as a big chew toy.........hence the metal drum.
I'm definitely making a UDS, and if the drums are the right size, a WSM on roids. No way am I going to fark with trying to cut a drum from end to end and making it smaller in diameter to fit the kettle lids. Been there, done that and it ain't fun. I have been wanting to make a drum grill for a while. If it works out and I can make em without too much cost I might get the extra drums later on, make some extra grills and sell them...................maybe I can break even on a mig welder.
I can't wait for spring..............

Hey Bob:

If you got a shopping cart and removed the basket and replaced it with a plastic drum, maybe you could sell them as mobile homes across the river.

Hey Bob:

If you got a shopping cart and removed the basket and replaced it with a plastic drum, maybe you could sell them as mobile homes across the river.

Now there's an idea! It would probably be a lot safer and more road worthy mode of transportation than the freaking NAFTA trucks the government is trying to to allow into this country from Mexico to use our highways and compete with US trucking/transport firms.

Seriously though; Personally (and as someone that knows El Paso) I'd clean, burn-out and clean again, ANY drum if I wasn't 100% certain of exactly what it was used for.

Well, according to the guy they contained citric juices. But you are correct ANY drum should be burned out over and over regardless if it's from El Paso or anywhere else in the U.S. You just never know what was in it.

Back