Caveman Ribeye

Been meaning to give this a shot - this may inspire me to do so!

Just one single flip? Or do you do it a couple of times so it's a bit more even?

One flip is fine. I usually flip twice to even out the cooking in the center.

R U kidding me?

:shock::shock:probably the best steak i've had in my life.
no ash, no bark no coal.
my Wife likes it medium, so had to put hers back for 5 minutes, mine was done after 10 with coals that weren't ready. Incredible, makes me wonder why we spend so much money.

Attachments

• IMG_2680.JPG
    IMG_2680.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 44
New here, never heard of caveman (sheltered life). I'm going to give this a go, anything I need to look out for or do special?
Thanks
Dave

Apparently you boys have not done much cooking over campfires! We did a lot of cooking on wood coals with my Boy Scout Troop. All my Scouts could cook!

Only thing i cooked over a campfire when i was a scout was hot dogs and marshmallows. couldn't afford steak

:shock::shock:probably the best steak i've had in my life.
no ash, no bark no coal.
my Wife likes it medium, so had to put hers back for 5 minutes, mine was done after 10 with coals that weren't ready. Incredible, makes me wonder why we spend so much money.

Great job Hedgeley.................:shock:

For those that are new to Caveman style, here is a good tutorial from Steven Raichlen.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhDTcHFLP7Y"]Steven Raichlen's Caveman T-Bones With Hellfire Hot Sauce - YouTube[/ame]

Bluseman, one question. Why the salad? I'm thinking a nod to SWMBO, but still...

Back