One last rib poll. to sauce or not to sauce.

Do you sauce your ribs (backyard)

• Yes, sauce

Votes: 58 45.7%
  • no sauce, I go nekkid

Votes: 63 49.6%
  • cannot answer for fear of lasers

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I sauce every time. I've had dry ribs, but not sure I've ever made them myself. Perhaps I'll sauce only half the rack next time.

I don't like messy sauce that gets all over the place. I mix some rub into some brown sugar-based sauce and I brush on just a thin layer 10-15 minutes before pulling, just enough to tack up. I don't add more sauce while on the plate, that thin layer of gooey sweetness on top of a nice bark is what I love.

sauce/glaze if not on low carb... when on low carb pork steak imo>taste better than ribs. no sugar in my rubs anyways so the pork steak is way better than ribs imo on low carb.. not on low carb the ribs get a little sweet sauce/addition flavor profile without too many carbs or coverup of w/e we think there is to.

Well it's close, as I suspected it to be a fairly even distribution, but the no sauce crowd does have that slight edge. I think the folks afraid of lasers are secret saucers though...so it's tied.

I have the answer.
I like the sauce, my wife doesn't...
I do a few with sauce for me and the rest w/o.
I can add a little sauce to mine later if I think it needs it.

We both agree we like it best with lots of spices.
I like to hit them with Mustard then shake on something like 'Bad Byron's' and Black Pepper when I'm doing them for us.

Back