• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BarbeQlossal ??

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Anybody going to be in town for the BarbeQlossal this weekend?
I'm judging and would like to meet up with some Brethren Fri. night. We should be in the campground by early Fri.
ModelMaker

I'll be there Friday to prep the hog. Probably be in late Saturday afternoon as well. I'm helping Shotgun BBQ at this event so if your at the west end, stop in and say hi.

We are supposed to be the first spot next to the grandstand. I think its going to be spot #1 on the map. Or somewhere in there. We'll be there Thursday.

believe me and the wife are driving up there to check everything our and to BS around.

Attachments

• PICT0145 (Small).JPG
    PICT0145 (Small).JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 132
  • PICT0110 (Small).JPG
    PICT0110 (Small).JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 129
I cannot wait to see what all you cooks can do with whole hog!!! I was scheduled last year but the motorcyle accident put the craps to that.
Ya Hoooooooo!!!
ModelMaker

What did you cook that on? I meant to ask you at the GAB what the smoker in Randy's concession trailer was but I forgot. Looks very good.

Basically, its a Traeger 200. Doesn't have the roll up doors, though.

Iowa Folks - Any construction issues getting to the Iowa State Fair Grounds this year?

If you are coming from Ankeny there should be no problems. If you are headed west on I-80 you will have to detour to get to I-235 or you can take the Hwy 65 bypass south to University and head east to the fairgrounds.

Iowa Folks - Any construction issues getting to the Iowa State Fair Grounds this year?

I'd agree with Pyle's BBQ. Take the Ia 5/ US 65 bypass off I-35 just south of Des moines. Ia 5 will turn into US 65. Follow US 65 North to University Ave. or Ia 163 (roads are one and the same) Follow University West to the fairgrounds.
This would be the way I would take pulling a trailer but if you miss it and take I-235 through town, construction should'nt be too bad by now.

I will be there all day Friday (working until 3:00) and Friday evening (free time!). After work, I'll put on my Brethren shirt. I also will be there Saturday from about 11:00 on through the afternoon. If I see any Brethren hats, shirts, banners, etc., I'll say "Hi!!!" :-D

HINT: Sure wish we could get some more hats so I could wear one with the BarbeQlossaL t-shirt.

Dave

We are set up directly next to the grand stand for anyone that wants to stop by this weekend.

Attachments

• expo2007 001 (Small).jpg
    expo2007 001 (Small).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 23
We are set up directly next to the grand stand for anyone that wants to stop by this weekend.

I see you have overcome the most difficult hurdle of operating an FEC (having a comfortable chair and a beverage). Good luck.

Back