Out with the old and in with the new

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
file-150.jpg

The top of the cart was really looking bad it was starting to separate weather damaged
file-164.jpg

file-166.jpg

file-167.jpg

I started to take the Egg apart, I knew the fire box was cracked when I pulled it out I saw a crack down left side across the bottom and up the other side
file-170.jpg

file-169.jpg

My brother Cal came over to help me with the cart we glued and screwed together 2 2x4x3/4 in. plywood and cut a 20 in. hole for the Egg sanded and prepped it for marine Spar Varnish
file-172-1.jpg

Cal put on the first coat it had to dry over night and the next day I put the second coat and let dry overnight
file-175.jpg

During the week Jackie put on three more coats of varnish she is a great wife and person
file-176.jpg

The following weekend I sprayed the cart Black
file-178.jpg

file-179.jpg

file-181.jpg

It's time to put this thing together I need to cook, It's been out of commission for over a month
file-182.jpg

file-183.jpg

file-185.jpg

It's time to cook!
file-187.jpg

file-188.jpg

New Zealand Rack of lamb from Trader Joe's

file-190.jpg

The Lamb turned out perfect
file-184.jpg

Out with the old

Thanks for looking
Ross

Looks great Ross. So no problems with BGE getting the replacement parts? Not that there should be, just curious how that went.

Great work Ross, your table is beautiful!

I always admired your Metro cart Eggnest, it looked like it was still in pretty good shape, why did you paint it? Did you have a back up grill while the Egg was laid up?

Back