• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

OBR Operation NY/NJ needs help

Muzzlebrake

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Operation BBQ Relief will be up and running possibly as early as tonight in Forked River NJ and by weeks end in lower Manhattan. Anyone interested in volunteering or donating either cash or supplies please sign up on the OBR website or Facebook

If you have trouble making contact, please get ahold of me either here or email me muzzlebrake@mac.com

When I went to the Royal it appeared that OBR was all talk, but it seems that they have action to back it up. Well done guys and girls.
Invicta Q

When I went to the Royal it appeared that OBR was all talk, but it seems that they have action to back it up. Well done guys and girls.
Invicta Q

Not sure how you got that impression. This group is all action. No corporation, no hidden agendas, and no bs. Just 3 guys that saw a need in Joplin Missouri and decided to do a courageous thing and a bunch of other great folks jumped in.

Invicta Q

OBR is pure class and selfless. There is a bit of talk about getting something similar going here in the UK. Not affiliated but a BBQ way to help serve to the standards of OBR.

I want to say thank you to OBR for being so selfless and giving in a time when people are in need.

As a person that has been through several hurricanes where power has been lost for weeks on end, I can honestly say that a home cooked meal is greatly appreciated when almost all of your meals come out of a can.

When pay day comes around I'll make sure to try to do my part and donate to you guys!

Hey everyone - just wanted to let you know that Jeff posted an update for OBR - they need some help!

http://www.operationbbqrelief.org

http://www.facebook.com/OperationBBQRelief

From Jeff: "Folks, there are already millions without power, thousands of homes flooded out and at least five deaths already reported from Hurricane Sandy slamming ashore and Operation BBQ Relief is ready to mobilize again to provide hot meals to people in need. We fed over 60,000 meals after Hurricane Isaac. This time, as many as 60 million people may be effected! We really need your help! We are a 501c3 not-for-profit and as a co-founder, I can assure you that 100% of your donations for this disaster will go towards disaster relief... 100%! We anticipate needing an additional $15,000 over current funds. Can YOU help? Every bit helps! Go to our website at www.OperationBBQRelief.org to donate. Regardless of the default amount, you can change to whatever you can contribute, bigger or smaller! Please help us with your tax deductible contribution tonight! Questions? Just ask me! Thank you so much!"

Can you pitch in $3?

If each one of the people who frequent this forum home of ours would pitch in just $3 . . . wow.

Last edited:
From my short time here on BBQ Brethern, I have noticed how benevolent this community is. I am sure that the Brethern will come together to help OBR raise funds to assist those effected by Hurricane Sandy!

im out of touch guys.. no phone, power, cable, internet, heat, occasional texts blast come thru in spurts. Will try to keep in touch but if details get worked out, someone text me and I will do my best to get down to Manhattan. got this in thru a mobile hotspot i found.

Wife and I joined as part of the Founders Club of OBR. I had the pleasure of helping cook and feed over 2500 folks displaced by a category 3 tornado just before St. Patrick's day this year. It was in S. E. Michigan. Wife and I donated more cash 2 nites ago to assist in feeding the less fortunate than our family.
I know what it means to go hungry and sleep in the cold.....nuff said!

Invicta Q

Wow never heard that before! You would think 206,000 meals that had been served in 56 days in the field would be more than talk! Wonder who you talked too!

Sorry if you take that chitty but sort of a gut punch or maybe just a little tired and testy!

Brethren thanks for the support! It has been a logistical nightmare so far. We have never had such a hard time wanting to cook and serve those in need and the first responders helping them! Rob Marion is the man on the ground with a lot of support from the OBR group in the background!

Thanks for all you do. I donated and signed up to volunteer. I'll also facebook you and post this to the BGE forum which I haunt regularly. I'm sure they will forgive the shameless plug for such a great organization.

My wife and I are former restauranteurs and caterers. We are glad to help wherever you will have us

Back