How I Got My WSM (or, A Brethren Paying It Forward) w/ pron

Bob13

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Folks, this is what it's all about.

After regaining the obsession for fire and smoke a few months back, I finally got around to joining The Brethren, and building a Smoker Joe mini WSM. During all of this, I happened across a thread from a fellow St. Louisan (who also happens to be named Bob :icon_cool) :

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144151

Long story short, fellow Brethren "Bob In St. Louis" had some problems with his 22.5 WSM. Weber CS shipped him out a new lid, and new barrel. And who was the lucky recipient of the old "damaged" good? Yours truly. The only cost was some craft brew. You can't beat that with a stick.

I don't anticipate too much of a struggle correcting the issues with the barrel. Just need to pick up a new door, and a couple of grill racks, find an old kettle to do a few minor mods to, and I'm set. Here's a couple of pix of the "new" WSM in it's current condition.

Thanks, Bob, you're the best!

Attachments

• DSC04759.JPG
    DSC04759.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC04761.jpg
    DSC04761.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
"Brothers in Smoke" - you know it! :thumb:

Thanks Bob,
It was a pleasure to meet you Sir. You're a real class act, and I'm looking forward to getting together again. Maybe next time something a bit nicer than a parking lot maybe. haha

Here's what I got from Bob in return. I think I got the better end of this deal.
There are a couple of each of them in the fridge for tonight.
Who do you guys think got the better end of the deal?

Thanks again Bob!
p.s. The "Dirty Bastard" beer is wonderful. With a name like that, I had to try it first.

DSC_0507.jpg

Back