Outdoor kitchen or grill island modules?

caliking

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hello brethren.

We will be moving to a new house this summer, and now finally I have some space outside to set up a cooking/bbq/smoking area.:clap2:

I am interested in having some work space/counter area with a sink and possibly a fridge or beverage cooler kind of thing. I don't need a grill island module with a grill in it, since I don't think I would use the grill too much - would much rather play with the UDT, UDS, Weber kettle, and gasser that I have now (and possibly a BGE later). Have been recently inspired by the cast iron throwdown to maybe set up a cooking pit in the future.

Can the brethren suggest some options? I do not really know where to start. I saw a couple of items on the Lowes website which I liked, but have not been able to see physically at a store yet. Checked at HD and Costco and did not like what they had on display.

I'm not interested in having an outdoor kitchen custom built yet. I would appreciate it if brethren would post pics/pron of their outdoor setups for me to ogle at :-D. Also if you could mention where you purchased if items were bought, or how you built if personally made.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
This bar and the Egg side are in my yard these days. Beautiful stuff. It's all modular so you could skip the Egg stand and get it later if you want. I don't care for a frig or sink outside but they have those components. It's American Outdoor Kitchens www.aodk.net

Attachments

• 6_piece_eggstacy.jpg
    6_piece_eggstacy.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 403
drbbq: pretty sharp looking setup!

How long have you had it? Any signs of wear due to weather/exposure that you have been dissatisfied with?

I emailed then for a catalog. Thanks for sharing.

We offer a simple durable and functional alternative

If you want something a little more permanant:

newer10-09093-1.jpg

Poured footer, layed block, poured countertop, ran plumbing and electric, faced with sandstone.

newer10-09092.jpg

Built retaining wall with Allen Block, filled and compacted to grade for concrete deck.

newer10-09095.jpg

Stainless steel storage doors, single burner cooktop, sink and wood and charcoal Bar B Chef grill I can also smoke with if needed. Two and a half year project but I had fun doing it.

If you want something a little more permanant:

newer10-09093-1.jpg
Wow- I always wondered what outdoor kitchens would look like in the future- :tape: All kidding aside- nice set up you got there.:clap2:

Gary,
wheres the fish fryer? :-D

I like that you parked a house next to the grill :clap2:

Gary,
wheres the fish fryer? :-D

There's a propane cooktop burner built into the countertop I pan fry with. Havn't tried it as a deep fryer yet. Don't think it has the BTUs for a deep pot. I have a couple turkey/fish fryer units stashed on the porch.:-D

I am soooo jealous! It'll be at least a year before finances loosen enough to think about doing something like this. Of course, by then materials will have probably doubled again...

Back