Chicken fried rice on the Shirley griddle!

oifmarine2003

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I love to eat at Japanese steakhouses. I decided to try my attempt at making the fried rice on the Shirley griddle.

You can't go to a Japanese steakhouse and not see the volcano or choo choo onion train!

The ingredients

Started out with the chicken

Then added rice and veggies

Then eggs

Scrambled them and chopped them up

Mixed everything together

Added soy sauce and mixed further

Done!

It was delicious!!

That is one fine looking meal, can I get it in one of those white boxes that close at the top please.

Thanks! This is the 2nd time I have made this. This was definitely the better of the two. I read online to cook the rice the day before. That made a big difference as far as the texture of the rice.

You boil the rice then fridge for the night?
Looks like a great camping breakfast

Looks delicious, Chris! I learned that fridge trick somewhere and found my fried rice got a lot better texture afterward. There's something special about fried rice, it's like a party in your mouth. Your adding to smoke to it hikes that special flavour up a few notches. :clap2:

Looks delicious, Chris! I learned that fridge trick somewhere and found my fried rice got a lot better texture afterward. There's something special about fried rice, it's like a party in your mouth. Your adding to smoke to it hikes that special flavour up a few notches. :clap2:

Thanks, Kathy! The first time I made it, I made the rice the same day and it was a bit mushy. This time, making the rice the day before, the texture was spot on. It was just like I was at the Japanese steakhouse!!

Great looking rice, Chris! I'm getting you that big chef hat for your birthday so you can practice the egg catch. Did you throw pieces of food at the boys while you cooked?

Great looking rice, Chris! I'm getting you that big chef hat for your birthday so you can practice the egg catch. Did you throw pieces of food at the boys while you cooked?

Ha! I should of but they were inside. Next time!!

Chris... That looks spectacular..... A Vietnamese lady sharon works with told me about cooking the rice the day before.... I got to get me one of those Shirley cookers and the griddle... One day one day.. I will have one... Again awesome cook and thread... ThAt flag says it all... Thx again for you and your fellow brothers service!!!!!

Chris, that looks outstanding! You have inspired me to make some for lunch today. I'll have to make it inside the house though.
Thanks so much!!
Also, Love the flag!! Thank you for your service. :hug:

Back