Pod BBQ trailers

S

scottyd

What are your thoughts on Pod trailers, work area (enclosed) up front and Open area in back for your smoker? I know there are a few awesome teams here that have this type of setup. can you give me your likes and dislikes, How long is your trailer 16' or longer. I am really interested.

I looking at 14' enclosed and 10' open on the back for the smoker. so 24' overall in length.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Smell Smoke (Yankeebbq) and Pellet Envy (kcpellethead) have open end trailers with the smokers on the back. I don't if those are what you are talking about, but maybe they can post some pictures and give you the specs.

Scott,

Go to Smokincrackerbbq.com and look in his picture gallery to see what he does. That is what I am going to do also. My tailgate is good to 5000 lbs.

A lot depends on the type of cooker and how many creature comforts you want/need. The open "competition" trailers/pods provide all the prep area, cleanup, etc. you need (depending on how many sinks, water hookups, etc. With awnings they provide plenty of shade, too.

Depending on how far you pull it they can really eat into your fuel budget (as can any trailer setup). When Rod came to Ft. Rucker he had his picup loaded with "stuff" and brought his Greer cooker...no pod at this one.

Tim and I keep kicking around ideas for conversion of a car hauler he has. The "plan" is for storage, prep tables, sinks, and a couple of FEC100's.

Moderator note: moving this to Competition forum for more responses from teams that use trailers/pods

I have found what I am looking for from S&S trailers and also Jumpin Jim's both are great people to deal with. I am going to take a closer look this weekend and will place my order for a 24' trailer 14' enclosed and 10' covered deck on the back. I think I will be real happy. Our fab shop here at the plant will put the counter tops and cupboards in all in stainless steel. Install all electrical and the air conditioner (well maybe I will have the trailer company do this) anyway it is going to be fantastic.

thanks for your impute

scottd said:
I have found what I am looking for from S&S trailers and also Jumpin Jim's both are great people to deal with. I am going to take a closer look this weekend and will place my order for a 24' trailer 14' enclosed and 10' covered deck on the back. I think I will be real happy. Our fab shop here at the plant will put the counter tops and cupboards in all in stainless steel. Install all electrical and the air conditioner (well maybe I will have the trailer company do this) anyway it is going to be fantastic.

thanks for your impute

Looks like you made a good choice! After meeting Ron(S&S) and seeing our new rig am making changes b4 construction!
enjoy

Buzz

Back