Why don't you enter a throwdown? Just Sayin.

I'm kinda in the same boat as Wampus. I am moving 100mph by the time I get home from work because we have baseball (I coach my son), cheerleading (daughter-practices competions), softball (me), etc, etc. Most of the time I'm lucky to get a can of tuna and some microwave mac-n-cheese!
When baseball season is over, I do plan on entering a couple of them.

I am new hear and I would like to enter the throw downs. My reasons, although I guess its not the point of the throw down is that there has been not much I wanted to cook. I remember the Indian themed one a few weeks ago, this week looked Vietnamese I think?? I remember a Jamaican themed one. I cook multiple meals every weekend, but its usually just basic bbq, (ribs, fattys, pork, brisket, meatloaf etc...) I try and post as much Pron as I can.

Sooner or later I will do a throw down. I just need to plan it ahead!

Thats a good question. I know I am here and sometimes see the throwdown threads and think I should do that. Then the phone rings, and with my short, childlike attention span I forget all about it. I am going to enter this weeks throwdown!

Hold on, phones ringing...

I like your blog. Nice wood fire oven!

I don't think about it most of the time. Nothing against them, but the way my brain works (or doesn't work) is that I think about the forum when I am on the forum, when I am not, I don't. When I see the voting threads come up, I have that "oh yeah" kind of moment. I would really like to be a member of the zero club, :mrgreen:

I plan on entering the burger throw down, but just becuase I happened to plan on cooking burgers tonight and that category came up............then again, I might not remember to take any pics. :doh:

There have been a couple of times that I thought about entering and then something comes up and the deadline has come and gone.

I'll remind you about the Throw Downs, if you'll agree to remind me to stay outta Comp. :thumb:

I'm kinda in the same boat as Wampus. I am moving 100mph by the time I get home from work because we have baseball (I coach my son), cheerleading (daughter-practices competions), softball (me), etc, etc. Most of the time I'm lucky to get a can of tuna and some microwave mac-n-cheese!
When baseball season is over, I do plan on entering a couple of them.

If I ever win another TD, I'll call a War Damn Chicken one just for you Preston. (And truely, I am not meaning this to be a dig in the least. Chicken is my worst meat cooked on the grill, which is why I always let Redhot cook it...)

This weeks burger category is sure to be a crowd pleaser! Who doesn't love a tasty, tasty burger?

4687490085_579bca1589.jpg

I used to enter all the time until some idiot thought it would be a good idea to rip the siding off of his house and repair and paint it :tsk:

I love the throwdowns, I just haven't had the free time to cook something special lately. Birthday parties on weekend and things like that. Life is always getting in the way of the fun. :tsk: I'll be back though, more than likely for burger month or burger week or whatever it is.

I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to top that creole burger I made last year though, I can still taste that thing.

Damn...now I farking starving and it's all your fault Jed, you TD whore!!! :p

I love the throwdowns, I just haven't had the free time to cook something special lately. Birthday parties on weekend and things like that. Life is always getting in the way of the fun. :tsk: I'll be back though, more than likely for burger month or burger week or whatever it is.

I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to top that creole burger I made last year though, I can still taste that thing.

Damn...now I farking starving and it's all your fault Jed, you TD whore!!! :p
Indeed I am truly a TDW! :p absolutely love the new title!
Now it's time to get er done Jason

I think I decided to take a breather from TD's when a Thai entry won the Indian one. :grin:

I need more photography oomph though. I can take reasonably good outside pics with my smartphone, but the lighting in my kitchen sucks and doesn't make my plated shots look any better. TD winners/hi vote-getters usually have amazing/stunning plated shots, so this may be the fuel for getting that DSLR I've wanted for a while.

Having said that, I do enjoy cooking for the TD's, and always have a good time. My wife doesn't think there is much point in the TD's given the emphasis on presentation, but I somewhat disagree.

BTW, I think moving this thread to the TD section defeats the purpose of the thread. If its in the TD section, people involved with TD's are most likely to see it and read it vs. folks in QTalk (the target audience).

We still have TDs? I guess I should check that sub-forum more often.

Back