New traeger...love craigslist!

pne123

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I picked this up $200. It has been stored outside and not used a lot so the inside is rusted and not really seasoned but the metal is still good and everything works. Will want to update the controller someday. This is my first pellet grill. have had several propane vertical smokes which i have had a lot of luck w/ but i have 3 young kids so I hope this will allow me not to have to babysit my grill as often.

I also had a thought. For more smoke flavor how about putting a chip box on top of the heat deflector plate and under the drip tray. this should add alot more smoke flavor.. I will have to try it.

Attachments

• DSC_6878.jpg
    DSC_6878.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC_6880.jpg
    DSC_6880.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC_6883.jpg
    DSC_6883.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 285
Sweeeeet!! and for only 200 buckaroos, very nice score!!!

The local dealer has had one of those in his showroom marked down to what he calls ½ price ($1200) for over 2 years I told him I'd take it off his hands for $500 & he won't let it go. I paid $1100 for 2 070's & a 075
when the last local dealer went out of business so I'll just wait, don't really need it. Great score, you'll love it.

a little elbow great and some high temp paint and your back in business as far as looks go...but shes working good...can see the smoke!

I also had a thought. For more smoke flavor how about putting a chip box on top of the heat deflector plate and under the drip tray. this should add alot more smoke flavor.. I will have to try it.

I'm curious, why would you want to add more smoke wood to a pellet smoker? Great deal for 2 hundred!

I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Smoke box on the heat deflector may not get hot enough to ignite the chips/pellets. A few have mentioned that they had to put some bricks next to the firepot to raise the smoke box and have the smoke box sit on the edge of the firepot.

Very nice score I'm very jealous. If u need any help or have questions about mods or anything you should check out pelletheads.com

Wow what a great price. On the Traegers, the lower the cooking temp the more smoke flavor you'll get. You'll want the digital controller if it didn't come with one.

Looks very similar to the one BeerGuy has. Does it just have a slot in the back to vent the smoke? He taped off part of that slot to keep a little more smoke and heat in. Works great.

Thanks. It was a nice find. It does have a 1" opening full width along the back. as for more smoke I have read that some people moving to pellets have mentioned they do not get as much of the wood flavor. YOu can tell it is cooked w/ wood but not really what type of wood, except for mesquite. When i used my vert. gas I had to be careful not to over smoke my meat. i have only played w/ the traeger but my first cook I could not distinguish what type of wood I used. My comment came from an idea i got when i saw someone trying to burn chips next to the fire pot in cast iron corn cob pans

Back