Need hot water?

Looks like a nice unit priced well.

I just ordered a bit larger one from EBay for more $$ for the trailer I am building.

Item # 220153506357

I was looking for Battery ignition and 110-115 degrees out put temp at 1.5 GPM.
My household hot water works fine at 110 degree average, so I figured that was hot enough. No need for a mixer valve for the spray heads--just direct output is right temp.

Also, Washing Machine Supply hose will handle the hot water just fine.
I will just put garden hose sprayers on the ends. :lol:

That appears to be a good little unit there!

TIM

I just ordered a bit larger one from EBay for more $$ for the trailer I am building.

Item # 220153506357

My household hot water works fine at 110 degree average, so I figured that was hot enough. No need for a mixer valve for the spray heads--just direct output is right temp.

TIM

What Tim Said.
That does appear to be a good little unit.
Side stream heaters in general are very efficient. The electronic ignition is a real plus.

Are you already planing for the next Bretheren bash? I have a shower tent I can bring.:-D

This is what I use for our desert trips. We have to haul in our own water. We needed something with a pump. Got a good price on it at Costco online.

enjoy hot water anytime anywhere with zodi on demand hot water and portable hot showers, over 40 camping comfort products

I picked up a Zodi unit from craigslist, brand new in the box and used it at the comp last week. It worked OK, but better suited for a shower as it only gets in the 100* range. I should say it worked OK until the farker in the tent asked to use some hot water and ran the tank dry and walked off- I caught it just as the hoses were melting off the burner! Reminds me to see if it still works!! If it does its going back on CL and I'm getting a Coleman!!

I picked up a Zodi unit from craigslist, brand new in the box and used it at the comp last week. It worked OK, but better suited for a shower as it only gets in the 100* range. I should say it worked OK until the farker in the tent asked to use some hot water and ran the tank dry and walked off- I caught it just as the hoses were melting off the burner! Reminds me to see if it still works!! If it does its going back on CL and I'm getting a Coleman!!

We use ours for showers only. We have a high power butane stove for warming hot water. After about 3-4 days in the desert wtihout a shower we need something to rinse us off.:-D

If you are just wanting hot water to cook or wash with the Coleman would be much better. One time when it was extremly cold we recycled the water. In other words I ran the hot water back into the holding tank and then used it. It gets much hotter.

That sucks about the guy walking away from it.

Last edited:
The Colemans are advertised locally at that price.
The Zodi does run hotter if it's been circulating through the burner awhile.

The Colemans are advertised locally at that price.
The Zodi does run hotter if it's been circulating through the burner awhile.

I am trying to find one for that price around here. Don't want to pay $29.00 for shipping.

Amazon has one for a couple $$ more. And I get Two day free shipping since I am a prime member. May go that way and get it.

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/images/pdf/2300-700.pdf

Here is the PDF manual.

Last edited:

Item # 220153506357

TIM

Well Kapn did you get it? What's the verdict?

Brian, check to see if you have a Coleman outlet store anywhere near you. I picked up one from our local outlet last week for $140.

Im very interested in this product. Please keep us posted Kapn.

I want to install something like this in my (future) outdoor kitchen/BBQ Cabana. I'll only have a standard LP bottle out there. The cost of running an underground line was way too high for what little I'm planning on using a gas grill.

I'll have water and if I can have hot water that will be sweet!

That's a great deal! I just called the Coleman outlet in San Marcos, Tx and they were $179.95 with the usual attachments. Same as Amazon and they have free shipping. I may roll on up there tonight with the wife and see if I can chew them down just for the heck of it.

Got it--looks good.
Have all the plumbing pieces and parts to install it.
It will be a few days till it is hooked up in the trailer for testing.

TIM

Will you need a reservoir tank and pump to use it in your trailer? I'd like to see some pics of your setup, do you have a graywater tank?

I went to the Coleman outlet last night and told the sales clerk that I had heard of a store in KC that had these on sale for $140.00 and asked if I could have the same price. She told me that she would be willing to give me the 20% Boy Scout discount on it. $179.95 down to $143.96 I also picked up the carry case, the nozzle, and 6 cans of propane. Total was $201 and my wife and I had a nice evening shopping the outlet mall. Not bad.

I went to the Coleman outlet last night and told the sales clerk that I had heard of a store in KC that had these on sale for $140.00 and asked if I could have the same price. She told me that she would be willing to give me the 20% Boy Scout discount on it. $179.95 down to $143.96 I also picked up the carry case, the nozzle, and 6 cans of propane. Total was $201 and my wife and I had a nice evening shopping the outlet mall. Not bad.

what are you going to do with two of them??

Mine was like $150 with tax, you scored. I'll remember the Boy Scout discount thing though ...

The ole noggin is rolling with this one Tim.

Do you think you could use the one that you got on e-bay to heat a pool?

Wonder how much propane it would go through for that?

Does it give a consumption per gallons of output rating?

Back