Pork Butt - Championship Injection

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Fathers Day Pork Butt with Chris Lilly's Championship injection

10.4 lb. Pork shoulder injected and rubbed with Chris Lilly's Championship Rub

On the Egg @ 225* Saturday night for a 16hr. Smoke with Apple wood

Jackie's daughter Kim, Jackie, and her grandson Joe. Served with baked beans and Jackie's wonderful potato salad. The pork but was moist and tender Jackie said it was the best pork butt that Ive made, it was a wonderful Fathers Day and this is my go to recipe for pork shoulder

Recipe: http://www.meatwave.com/blog/barbecue-recipe-big-bob-gibsons-championship-pork-shoulder

Thanks for looking

Ross

Ross that looks like a perfect day! Great food and family....really nice! :grin:

I've tried other injections and many other rubs...but when it comes to pork butt I keep coming back to Chris Lilly! Looks great, Ross!

Looks great and thanks for the link to the recipe. I just finishing my UDS and will be trying pork butt for the first time. Looks like this will be a good recipe to try, thanks!

Looks great Congrats.. You are killing me right now.

Use the Lilly injection about every time now, made up a batch last night for this morning for a butt I was gonna make the Shack attack and Griffins for.. But upon trimming the butt last night it was a little warm and got discarded.. :doh: So onto split chicken boobs.

Back