• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Usd?

Lockon

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Do they really perform as advertised? I am wanting to upgrade from my Char-Griller offset (performance and ability to cook more at once). I know I can not afford to jump in to a Klose, Lang, Gator, etc right now and was tossing up between a UDS and a heavier duty Old Country BBQ pit from Academy Sports. What do you guys and gals think?? Pros / Cons?

UDS. I love mine. Cheap to build and if done right you can grill and sear.

Everyone should have one.

I started with one UDS (after retiring my Masterbuilt) and was so happy with the UDS I made 3 more. They're VERY fuel efficient, make excellent food (a lot of it), and are very easy to make. You'll really enjoy a UDS...

Everyone should start with a UDS. Smoking 101. Puts out a great product and teaches you a whole lot about low and slow. I highly recommend!

Everyone should start with a UDS. Smoking 101. Puts out a great product and teaches you a whole lot about low and slow. I highly recommend!
Heck UDS can be world class cookers..you can not only start with one you can finish with one! ))

I can also do hot and fast on mine.

I did some pork chops on mine tonight. Best chops I've ever had. They were beautiful and was better than candy.

The guy I got this one from, his team uses many UDSs and they have won events with them.

Thank you for this thread. Makes me feel better about my decision to build a UDS. Can't wait!

Build a UDS, it is very satisfying to cook on something you built. The project is fun and the results are tasty!

I'm a relative noob to smokers. However I've done four runs with a faulty thermometer and general understanding of what affects what. Quality was hit or miss. I got myself a good thermometer and wireless/remote thermometer...it was easy to get good quality.

I love my UDS. It was cheap and fun to build and customize. I looked at a lot of different versions on google and picked the design I liked. It's very fuel efficient and forgiving to little mistakes. I get a lot of satisfaction making good que on something that I made on the cheap. And you can go nuts with the paintjob with engine paint.

I love mine too, I've only had one cook on it but you can tell real quick that it is awesome! So go for it you'll not be disappointed! :grin:

Back