• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Mid Week Cheap Steak Night

Tonybel

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hello my BBQ and Grilling friends.....

Here is my little story I like to do from time to time...
My wife is a manager for a big company and looks over 2 facilities on the east coast, 2 in the south. During one of those bussiness Dinners in PA her Boss explained to her how steaks need to be cooked rare to med rare. She tasted a piece and is now hooked on med rare to rare steaks. Her Boss is a great Lady and friends of ours and Im very happy that she finally got thru to her after all this years of me trying...
Here is what we did...
little potatoes with oil and garlic salt wrapped in foil..

Cheap steaks on the grill..

plated with veggies and melted cheddar and the little potatoe

My proud moment to see her eat a pink/red meat for the first time.

When I started dating my GF 13 years ago she was a well done steak person, quickly she has changed and now rare.. What cut is that by the way, look awesome..

Looks fantastic. Probably with IT of 125-130F.
I cannot understand people who want to cook the moisture out of good food and cook 140F+.

When I started dating my GF 13 years ago she was a well done steak person, quickly she has changed and now rare.. What cut is that by the way, look awesome..

I think it was some sort of chuck. It was on sale for 1.99 lb.

Looks good Tony. I converted by uncle to at the least med well. He's now preaching the gospel to everyone else. :-D

Looks good Tony. I converted by uncle to at the least med well. He's now preaching the gospel to everyone else. :-D

Now we need to tell my other raza friends that its ok to try med rare and they are not going to regret it.

Back