Where Can I buy a Bandera in Fort Worth

B

BlueIdTxan

Greetings all ya'll in the land of Briskets n BBq.
I am sitting in Kabul Afghanistan and soon to be returng home to Fort Worth( 21 dec 05). I plan on buying a NB Bandera and have been for a few years (Bro in law has 1):mrgreen:. The question I have is wherentheheck can I buy 1 at there in FW. I cant find anyplace here online that 1) has em or 2) has then AND lists the price. I saw some for sale up in Kansas (delivered) for 599, but I belive there cheaper than that. Any help is preciated

Kerry Weeks
Explosive Detection Dog Handler
Kabul Afghaistan

A good day is nothing going BOOOM near me :biggrin:

Not sure if even Academy Sports still carries the Bandera, but they have in the past for $188.00.

Check your local Academy Sports and Outdoors store. They should be about $187 or so.

BlueIdTxan said:
Greetings all ya'll

Kerry Weeks
Explosive Detection Dog Handler
Kabul Afghaistan

A good day is nothing going BOOOM near me :biggrin:

Also, head over to cattle call and introduce yourself (and thanks for the work you do

Welcome BlueIdTexan,
Banderas are getting a little hard to find but not impossible. If you can't find one, the Brinkmann Smoke King Deluxe is a mirror image of the bandera. Somewhere around here is a file comparing the two.

Also check Home Depot. Have seen them $199 to 229 there.

Bandera is standard stock for all Academy stores in Texas. Home Depot also carries them and Lowes has the Brinkman line.

Gents, I really wanna thank ya for all the responses I got. I sent the wife out on a Search mission an she located a Bandera at the local Acadamy for 198. So now i have to convince her to get 1 in back of my truch so I have some assembly to do when i get home.

Heres a thought on the Newer Banderas and the BSKD, For you Q engineers. I have read on some posts how the Banderas and BSKD Loose too much heat if there exposed to wind on a cold day due to the thinner metal.
Has anyone put a second skin around the smoke box made out of thin sheetmetal. leaving a gap of 1/4-1/2" between the box and the sheet metal. This would act as a wind stop and insulation of a sort.
I would cover the 3 non door sides and the top, I am not sure if its a worthwhile idea or not so take it for what its worth. Just my 2 cents :)

Blue

I havent heard of making a metal jacket for a 'Dera but I have heard of wrapping it in a blanket - like a hot water heater jacket.

Brauma said:
I havent heard of making a metal jacket for a 'Dera but I have heard of wrapping it in a blanket - like a hot water heater jacket.

..... and today, i wish I had that opportunity.

BlueIdTxan said:
Gents, I really wanna thank ya for all the responses I got. I sent the wife out on a Search mission an she located a Bandera at the local Acadamy for 198. So now i have to convince her to get 1 in back of my truch so I have some assembly to do when i get home.

Heres a thought on the Newer Banderas and the BSKD, For you Q engineers. I have read on some posts how the Banderas and BSKD Loose too much heat if there exposed to wind on a cold day due to the thinner metal.
Has anyone put a second skin around the smoke box made out of thin sheetmetal. leaving a gap of 1/4-1/2" between the box and the sheet metal. This would act as a wind stop and insulation of a sort.
I would cover the 3 non door sides and the top, I am not sure if its a worthwhile idea or not so take it for what its worth. Just my 2 cents :)

Blue

If you do I would beef up the wheels.

Not a Bandera, but the "opposite" version is the Smoke King Deluxe. You can pick one up at Bass Pro for about 300.00.

Here is the address for Academy in Ft. Worth.

Ft. Worth Academy Sports and Outdoors

6101 I-20
(at Bryant Irvin Rd)
Fort Worth, TX 76132-3609

Mon-Sat 9am-9pm, Sun 10am-6pm
(817) 346-6622

Back