Wade

dwh1876

Found some matches.
Reaction score
just fired up the uds for it maiden voyage with two boston butts. I have already done a season burn, but for some reason this burn, the temp if floating like crazy. I'm new to smoking, but I grill with my weber kettle all the time. Are there any tips for a rookie? B.t.w. I used the minion method to lite my coals!!! Thanks for your help in advance!!!

I'm not an expert on UDS but for the best advise you might tell little more about the construction. Things like intake and exhaust sizes for a start. From what I've read from some of the more experienced members it could be a number of things.

Last edited:
Make small changes to the settings and let them take effect. You could jut be chasing the temp by changing things too fast.

wade

thanks guys!!
Yeah I think I was just to impatient. After about an hour the temp locked in an is running at a solid 270 to 300.
My drum has 3 7/8 intakes, one with a ball valve. And I have one 2 inch pipe for the chimney that is six inches tall.

I gues I have to learn patients pays off!!!

Thanks again!!!!

It took me about a year to figure out my UDS. Like Ron said, make one small adjustment, then wait at least 10 minutes before making another change.

Matt

Back