• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Landarc inspired gumbo

cpw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
After reading Landarc's thread http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149094 about gumbo, I decided to make some of my own. I basically followed his technique, but rather than use bacon as a contributor of fat, I used some locally made smoked sausage to help with the rendered chicken fat. I also used frozen okra, mainly because I haven't found a reason not too. I also used some chicken breasts to help add some additional chicken to the gumbo.

It turned out very tasty. Thanks for the inspiration Landarc!!

u9yty8a9.jpg

Oooo, that looks good. Where is the tofu?

Nice on the sausage, I have not found a locally made smoked sausage I like enough to use. I have found bacon, hence the bacon.

I knew I forgot the tofu! The sausage I used is made by Roger Woods foods here in Savannah. I know they distribute regionally, but I'm not sure about nationally. It's definitely good.

Wow! Nice. When I've got fresh okra I use it. If not, I use a bag of frozen. Its just as good. Good job!

Good looking bowl of gumbo there. I like the cracked black pepper on the rice, it's a nice garnish that adds some flavor, too. I may have to take the last bit of my last batch out of the freezer and let it thaw for tomorrow after reading this post.

• Thanks
Reactions: cpw
Back