• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS Contest Rankings Tracker Widget

T

The Pickled Pig

Mods - if this isn't the right place or it's deemed inappropriate feel free to move or delete.

I'm looking for a few candidates willing to help me beta-test an html widget on their website or blog.

This widget is a live feed into my KCBS contest results database and it displays the team's current Power Rankings based on 2008 contest results. Here's an example of the widget:

widget.jpg

The widget can be used anywhere HTML code is accepted (i.e., web pages, blogs, bulletin boards, email signatures, etc.). The colors and heading are customizable and can be changed to match the design characteristics of your site. The only size I currently have available is 175 pixels wide x 205 pixels high.

Requirements - 1) you must have a Top 10 Overall finish in a KCBS contest this year, 2) you need to know enough about HTML to copy a snippet of HTML code and paste it onto your web page, and 3) you need to provide feedback.

If you meet these requirements and would like to be a beta-tester for the tracking widget, PM me and I'll send you a link to the widget generator.

Paul,

I'm interested. I only meet two of the three requirements though. Gulp . . . .

Rod

I'll send you a PM, then another and another and another trying to get it to work. Any chance I can just provide you access to my site to load it?

Last edited:
I'd do it. Or should I say, I could get it set up on my site... I am a big fan of your site. I just love numbers...

Scottie

For the time being, I have enough beta testers. Thanks to everyone who is helping me out.

Cool little widget but I am not sure I would want anyone know where we are ranked.:eek::tongue:

Paul, this is the first time I've seen your ranking site. I love it! It's always fun to see where you rank against other cooks. When you're number 487, you try harder, you know?

I'll love it even more when you have the opportunity to put the Claremore results in... :biggrin:

If you need another tester later on, let me know. I love digital widgets! Thanks for your hard work.

Keri C

When is KCBS going to enter this past weekend's data? I want to be part of the fun.
-:mad:kicking and stomping mod:icon_pissed

:icon_devil

:biggrin:

Each rep is responsible for his/her own contest results, if I remember correctly. Whoever is putting them in, though, they've started, as the Claremore Boots and BBQ results from this weekend are up now. :biggrin:

How bout Warsaw? (I can't get into KCBS site from work - stupid webwatcher)

Yep, they're in. Congratulations on the RGC! 1st in ribs, 1st in pork, and 6th in brisket - very nice!

Thanks!

I'll quit kickin & screamin now! (And crack another beer ... well when I get home). I feel like Navin Johnson after getting listed in the phone book.

Paul, this is the first time I've seen your ranking site. I love it! It's always fun to see where you rank against other cooks. When you're number 487, you try harder, you know?

I'll love it even more when you have the opportunity to put the Claremore results in... :biggrin:

If you need another tester later on, let me know. I love digital widgets! Thanks for your hard work.

Keri C

I tried to PM you Kerri but your inbox is full.

Easy peasy - check it out!

Customized width and customized the colors to fit our page.

Paul, can I change the margins or center some copy?

Dude, you only have a National Ranking? Boondoggle has a World Ranking!

Might be a Milky Way Galaxy Ranking soon.

I'd like to see a little less space where it says "We're ranked".

Back