2011 Turkey * Turkey * Turkey *** Thanksgiving Pron on the Cooker

Well I am going to mess up my own post. Had people (family) that decided not to show up, others late and another that brought a pie that needed to be cooked 60 minutes in the oven. Overall it really ticked me off. Had to use the Egg for Sweet Potatoes after the Turkey came off.

I forgot to get a Picture on the Grill :redface: Almost forgot to get any pictures at all. Overall it ended up being a good day, just got really turned sideways for awhile.

This is a 14lb that was Brined for 24 hours and cooked on the Egg for 3.5 hours with RO and some Pecan wood.

Picture010.jpg

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1860584 said:
Well I am going to mess up my own post. Had people (family) that decided not to show up, others late and another that brought a pie that needed to be cooked 60 minutes in the oven. Overall it really ticked me off. Had to use the Egg for Sweet Potatoes after the Turkey came off.

I forgot to get a Picture on the Grill :redface: Almost forgot to get any pictures at all. Overall it ended up being a good day, just got really turned sideways for awhile.

This is a 14lb that was Brined for 24 hours and cooked on the Egg for 3.5 hours with RO and some Pecan wood.

Picture010.jpg

I can see why it turned you sideways. I've had folks do the same thing to me, and it isn't fun, is it? That said, the turkey came out amazing! Would love to reach right through the screen and break off one of those legs! :nod:

18 1/2 lbs 4.5hrs on my UDS at 380ish using lump with apple and pecan wood. cooked gravy stock under bird to catch all dripping

pwa

imag0382b.jpg

Gravy stock prepped for smoker
imag0375j.jpg

Turkey

Well not mine but I wanted to share a turkey wrapped in my favorite candy...Bacon! Now that gives me some ideas!

baconturkey.jpg

I smoked a 21 pounder on the UDS. I brined it overnight first. The next morning I made a compound butter with sage, thyme, and a little Old Bay seasoning and rubbed that up under the skin. I rubbed the outside of the bird wit Canola oil and dusted it with Yardbird rub. Smoked it for 5 hours at 325 using some pecan and apple wood. It was really moist and delicious. Even people that said they didn't care for smoked turkey loved it.
Thanksgiving2011008.jpg

Thanksgiving2011009.jpg

Thanksgiving2011012.jpg

If that bird tasted even half as good as it looks I'll bet it was a huge success. Nice Job!!

Agreed!! Would love to have that beauty sitting on my table. Congrats!! :thumb:

Back