KC Strips and green beans..PRON

B

BlkJeep

Picked up some KC Strips last week so last night was the night to fire up the kettle. Rubbed with a little garlic pepper and EVOO. Nothing fancy but it seems to do the job.

DSC02093.jpg

DSC02094.jpg

Then I tried something different with a can of green beans. I used some seasoned cooking bacon and mesquite rub and fried it up. Then I drained "some of the grease." :eek: Added the beans and some sweet bbq rub. I do this with corn and everyone in the house likes it. The beans were fair, better than just salt and pepper! :p
DSC02095.jpg

The cheering section!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
DSC02100.jpg

I love bacon! I really couldn't love any other food more!

DSC02103.jpg

I took one hicory log and laid it across the charcoal grate and put one chimeny of coals next to it.

DSC02105.jpg

Seared one side, flipped and went indirect for 10 minutes or so...

DSC02107.jpg

DSC02108.jpg

DSC02109.jpg

Then seared the other side!

DSC02110.jpg

And finally plated. Beans were good. Steaks got a little more done than we prefer but had lots of smoke flavor. But the cut of meat wasn't the best so it was a little tough. We're used to buying sides of beef and getting great steaks.

DSC02111.jpg

Sorry for the poor lighting! I was hungry. :oops:

Thanks for taking a peek at last nights eats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your green bean idea. Get yourself a cast iron skillet and do those on the grill. I bet fresh green beans would have mad a difference too. The bacon idea is gonna get used the next time I do asparagus.
Those steaks look good, but I agree they looked a little over done.
Love the cheering section too!

Good lookin' eats! :p Pretty cool way to seperate your heat zones on the kettle...:cool: Nice lookin' family you got there brother smoker! :biggrin:

When I saw KC Strips i thought it meant Kentucky fried Chicken but that looks much better.

Dan

You have a beautiful family Blkjeep! The feast looks excellent, going simple with the spices on the steaks is my favorite way too.

harbor- yes I'm looking for some good used cast iron already. Can't wait to get that going on!

JD- thanks for kind words on the family! They're keepers!

cowgirl- thanks! They kinda grow on after awhile! Yes simple is better for me!

Back