Elvis Inspired Peanut Butter & Banana Pork Belly

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Ever since I went to Graceland last month I have had the urge to come up with a BBQ dish inspired by the famous Elvis Presley Peanut Butter, Banana and Bacon sandwich. Known as “The Elvis” this sandwich is known worldwide and my goal has been to come up with a main course that used the elements of the sandwich but could be cooked outside and was suitable for an entree.

What I came up with was Pork Belly with Peanut Butter & Banana BBQ Sauce.

More pron and recipes are here...

That looks good! You just reminded me that I have an Elvis cookbook around here somewhere.

Nice experimenting Larry!:clap::hail:

It was fun to go through the whole process and figure out what ingredients would enhance each other. I've found that by going through these types of experiments it helps develop the palate and increase abilities to come up with great flavor profiles.

The pork belly flavor was great. The peanut butter in the bbq sauce matched the sweetness in the banana sauce. It probably could have used the tartness of a stronger vinegar though.

What you need is that Japanese banana vinegar, it hear it is everywhere. $%%#@$@#%@!!!

What you need is that Japanese banana vinegar, it hear it is everywhere. $%%#@$@#%@!!!

Yeah it would have been nice to have. Your part in the banana vinegar saga made the blog post.

How was that pork belly Larry? Everytime I use pork belly like that , I turn it into chicharones! :boxing:

That is a fun recipe. I love cooking with pork bellies and your sauce is compelling. You needed Banana Vinegar?? Did you try 7-11 in Japantown?

Are you freaking kidding me? Landarc? What's up with that?

Back