Building 250 gal RF

Branded BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
SO...this weekend I finally got to start building on my reverse flow smoker. About a month ago, I found a 250 gallon tank in relatively good shape other than a dent here and there. I had hoped to start working on it the following weekend, but my wife got sick and had a long stay in the hospital.
Now that she's well, I finally had a chance to start on it. My friend, Shane, and I got started early yesterday and worked until the rain ran us off. We did get the FB opening cut, the top of the door, and the hinges tacked on before the rain came. Would have loved to get more accomplished, but at least it has began.
If I can figure out how to add images to this post, I'll post them. I think I figured it out...we'll see.

• Thanks
Reactions: nrm
Sorry to hear about your troubles.. Let's hope that things are all better and let's see some build pron!

Sorry to hear about your troubles.. Let's hope that things are all better and let's see some build pron!

Thanks....trying to get pics to load...prob doing something wrong, but will post as soon as I can.

Ok...Thanks a bunch DW. Got them loaded on photobucket...but apparently I can't load them here until I post a certain number of posts or something.... site blocked me. SO, I guess whenever BBQ Brethren says I can post pics. Will do as soon as possible though.

Harumpffff. Wanted to see that cooker takin shape. Might take a day or two and we can't blame the mods/admins for takin a weekend off!

When you make to remaining door cuts, it may spring from the tension in the steel. If it does, not to worry, let us know there are easy fixes.

BTW...the hinges we're using are thick, weldable 5 inch hinges. Should hold up for long time.

Well, I HAD some metal coming in Friday, but the guy that was bringing it had a few unforeseen issues occur....SO, I didn't get the metal yet, which meant that this weekend, I didn't make any progress on the smoker. I'm hoping he can get the metal ready by this coming weekend, or else I can wrangle up some more. No gigs for the band this weekend, so I REALLY need to get something going on the smoker.

Back