Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Grillin in the Gardens - Palm Beach Gardens, FL - May 7th and 8th

W

WhiskeyBentBBQ

Alright guys, I heard this was a great event last year and we have never been before. Hopefully the weather stays out of the 90's and we all have a great time.

Who is in and Who is out?

I'm sending in my registration tomorrow. I'll see you there.

Unknown BBQ will be there for sure. Cant wait to start the trip to the beach. Our Unknown Edition told me last nite to load it up its ready to start smokin again.
See ya there, Outlaw Gen. Leroy

How close to Ft. Lauderdale is Palm Beach Gardens? will be there the May 1-8. Never been to a Fla comp before.

Scott

Palm Beach gardens is about an hour north of Lauderdale. Straight up I-95.

Heck, thats not a bad drive, depending on how hectic things are packing to leave the next day, I'll try to drive up in the evening.

Scott

last year was a good time, it was just hot as HELL! Unfortunately we won't be able to make it back down this year (I've got spring football). Good luck to all ya'll!

Of course Team ECL will be there, It's in our backyard. BTW if anybody has any questions about Palm Beach Gardens let me know. Don

Heavenly Hog - Good to see you staying fully committed to the move to the pro side of the field. Rumor is that Dan may be coming out to help you, I would just be very careful that he isn't "shigging" too many tips from you.

Unknown - Can't wait to drink some cold ones and tell some lies with you guys down there. Could this be the first competition where the organizer makes the dreadful mistake and puts Whiskey Bent and Unknown side by side. I am still trying to figure how you guys don't be the "quiet time stare down" at the cooks meetings.

Rub - Defending the title....that should be pretty old hat to you. I don't know many FBA comps that you haven't won at one point or another.

Scott - Hope you are able to work it into your trip down to Florida. Please feel free to come out and chat us up on Friday night. We would love to learn a little bit about that Yankee BBQ! :p

Russ - Good luck on getting that second walk. It is amazing how after that first one there is no looking back!

Wooley - Good luck at Spring Football. Looks like we won't be catching up with you until Daytona. That should be one hell of a contest. That blue Thermapen is holding up strong. I think I may just have to buy you a new one. I don't want to hand this one back until I am drained all the luck from it.

East Coast Lumber - So, we are coming into your turf....I don't know that I like the sounds of that...:laugh:

Chad -As far as the stare down goes we dont get those because we get every thing ready early with moose musk :doh: fill the GF with ? flavored match lite and start quite time at about 10:15 w/homemade energy bars for a midnite snack and 2% milk. Unknown BBQ cant wait to join everyone at Palm Beach.

Hey Thanks!

I'll be getting the stitches out of my chin soon from hitting the ground so hard in Dothan. The weirdest part is that I was in the process of telling Tim Cochran (Flirtin' with Disaster) that my #1 goal for this year was to get a call at some point. Not even two minutes after I said that, I got called.

Guess I have to set a new goal. Maybe set it to earning $1 prize.

Russ

Heavenly Hog - Good to see you staying fully committed to the move to the pro side of the field. Rumor is that Dan may be coming out to help you, I would just be very careful that he isn't "shigging" too many tips from you.
Being so new to competing, it's intimidating entering pro. I think Palm Beach will be the deciding factor if we stay in the big leagues. Just one call and a better chicken score.

Being so new to competing, it's intimidating entering pro. I think Palm Beach will be the deciding factor if we stay in the big leagues. Just one call and a better chicken score.

We obviously dont belong. We just did Venice to get kicked square in the nuts.

Heavenly Hog and Rub me Tender intimidation is only a temporary mind set. Confidence is the key.

Smokin' Cracker may just slide on over to Palm Beach and try to see how I stack up against all you new big dogs on the block. Who's gonna bring the beer? Winner of this one has to buy pizza. Rub did the honors last year and FK supplied the JDaniels.

Hey Thanks!

I'll be getting the stitches out of my chin soon from hitting the ground so hard in Dothan. The weirdest part is that I was in the process of telling Tim Cochran (Flirtin' with Disaster) that my #1 goal for this year was to get a call at some point. Not even two minutes after I said that, I got called.

Guess I have to set a new goal. Maybe set it to earning $1 prize.

Russ

The "CHIN THUNK" woke us up, for sure! :-D
You are hooked now--Welcome to the Dark Side.

We hate to miss Palm Beach Gardens this year.
It was good to us last year.

That was the event that gave Rub his 7th GC and auto to the Jack.
I will never forget him tipping backwards in the chair when he was called! :-D :-D :-D

Have fun y'all.

TIM

Since it's our "Home Turf" it's only right that I supply the beer and Jack. Just look for the trailer and the big white cooler. :cool:

Back