Tomato, Basil, Red Onion, Prosciutto, Goat Cheese, and Mozzarella Pizza

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
A friend of mine made something called a Tomato Galette and another friend took that idea and made it into a pizza. I have dozens of tomatoes becoming ripe and needed to use some up so I took their ideas and made a pizza of my own.
Here are most of the ingredients:

Got a chimney of lump blazing.

Dumped it onto a full load of lump and then set my kamado up for pizza.

Took my ingredients outside and set-up my work space. (My puppy wanted some)

Rolled out my dough and placed it on some parchment paper.

Painted the dough with a mixture of minced garlic and EVOO.

Put on the tomatoes and seasoned them with fresh ground sea salt, black pepper and some Italian herb blend.

Now some fresh basil,

red onion,

sliced prosciutto,

goat cheese,

and some mozzarella.

Now on to the 500 degree kamado for 10 minutes. Here it is half way thru after I removed the parchment paper.

Done and cut.

Plated shots.

Money Shot below.

Oh Yeah! :becky:

This is a lovely pie. One of the prettiest and most tempting I've seen in a while. Love the simplicity of the toppings, and the tomatoes standing in for the sauce. Ever brush the crust with a light coating of olive oil?

On edit...:doh: TOTALLY missed that garlic and evoo you mentioned.

14637827698_a53cf175d6_z.jpg

Last edited:
Pizza Tonight

I just got a new 26.75 OTG this last weekend. My 22.5 inch is going to become parts for an UDS. So after seeing the pizza that sounds good. I have fresh tomatoes onions and peppers from that garden.

Looks so delicious! You guys with ceramics are making me want one just for doing pizzas. :-D

This is a lovely pie. One of the prettiest and most tempting I've seen in a while. Love the simplicity of the toppings, and the tomatoes standing in for the sauce. Ever brush the crust with a light coating of olive oil?

On edit...:doh: TOTALLY missed that garlic and evoo you mentioned.

14637827698_a53cf175d6_z.jpg
Thank you Guerry. This pizza tasted great but the second one I made was even better.

My kind of pizza. Looks awesome!

Back