Phubar's Hachee/Hacher Dish

Here's my entry... http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96226
Google image for "hachee".

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

Great post Phu! Reminds me of the brief time I spent in The Netherlands back a few years ago; I know I was served something that looked a lot like that in one of the restaurants we went to.

After seeing the various dishes with red curry that came from BBQ Grail's bloggers challenge, I was craving red curry. I told Larry in a PM that I had never made any sort of Thai curry, but I was inspired by these dishes so I gave it a shot.

I bought some shrimp at the local grocery store and then found a bottle of A Taste of Thai red curry paste. There was a recipe for Shrimp with Red Curry on the bottle so I went with that.

The recipe started with a can of coconut milk and the red curry paste. I sauted the paste for a few minutes until the aroma drove me crazy and then added the coconut milk and whisked it until smooth...

P3030475.JPG

Then i let it simmer for a few minutes while i grilled some shrimp. I figured that the shrimp would get a lot of flavor from the sauce so i seasoned them with a little kosher salt and fresh ground pepper...

P3030476.JPG

Then I added some fish sauce, brown sugar, baby corn, bamboo shoots, and some frozen mixed veggies (zucchini, yellow squash carrots and green beans) and two of the skewers of shrimp. I wanted one skewer of shrimp for the presentation so I set it on top of the curry to reheat and put a lid on the pan.

P3030477.JPG

After another 10 minutes or so it was all heated and I plated it on a bed of rice for dinner...

P3030478.JPG

P3030480.JPG

(use this pic, Chris)

P3030482.JPG

Thanks for the inspiration, BBQ Grail, Zydecopaws and Landarc! This dish came out fantastic!

Wow, I gotta stop reading these long posts backwards. That is a fantastic looking plate of curry! Great job!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Back