• Best Pulled pork to date! **pr0n heavy

MAN that loooook so FREAKIN good!!! Awsome job sir!!! HOWEVER I cringe seeing a dog eat pork ANYTHING bones.. I almost lost my best friend over pork bones and an obstruction in her bowel.. $700 lesson that I'll NEVER give her pork bones again..Vet said pork bones were HIGH on the list of dog killers..(she said they call them gut shrapnel) 3 rd case she'd had that week..MINE was the only one that survived as the intestine "dies" very quickly and the dog will as well.
Brent

Hey, Thanks for the heads up man. Usually I avoid the leg bones, because I know they do tend to splinter. Usually it's knuckles and the rest of the bones.

FYI, ox tails and corn cobs are worse than anypork bone out there. Just throwing that out there.

Really appreciate your input brother! I agree with you. Thanks for the tip

Cheers

That pron has made me hrony for some pulled pork. :hungry:

Guess what's gonna happen this weekend? I actually don't have a lot of time, so looks like it'll be a good time to check out the hot & fast. I used to cook in pans, can't remember why I stopped, but looks like I should get back into it. :thumb:

Nicely done, sir! :clap2:

phrasty you never cease to amaze me with your cooking. looks amazing!

Mark

Phenomenal pics. Definitely need to smoke some butt this weekend. And as a proud daddy of a 110lb black lab, good to know other brethren have good looking assistants too! :grin:

DROOLING MOD!!! I haven't had dinner yet!! Thanks buddy!!:boxing:
Nice P.P Phrasty!!
Your assistants piece looks edible also!!

Pork fat rulez

Amen Brother! I strained & saved the fat I poured off for Kitchen use... :thumb:

DROOLING MOD!!! I haven't had dinner yet!! Thanks buddy!!:boxing:
Nice P.P Phrasty!!
Your assistants piece looks edible also!!

Hey Roy, Thanks man! The assistance piece was more than edible... It was damn good! I soooo took a bite! :icon_blush::becky: hehe.

Cheers Brother!

Still drooling...

Thanks for sharing!!! It looks fabulous... It's 6:05 am here and I now have a huge hankering for PP for breakfast. :thumb:

Da**it, now I need to go find me a PB to cook. Looks farkin great! I bet it tasted great too.

Got linked here from Cack's "Pork Butt Noobie (need tips and pointers)" thread so I thought I would bring this thread back from the dead for my question.

1st of all that sammy looked outstanding and has me wondering if I should smoke this weekend in the snow. :crazy:

What does panning do? I read a comment from Myron Mixon a few days ago about his brisket technique, "You need to pan and wrap it for one third cooking time until internal temp reaches 205 at the point then let it rest." that got me wondering about panning.

Just had dinner but I'd go for a sanwich now!

Thats it gonna have to go to the butcher and get pork butt and a foil pan,I am hungry.

That's just insane Phrasty! Next time you do that, can you save the bone for me??? That dog is one lucky dog!

That looks crazy good, Phrasty! But I was thinking the same thing. If that is not the happiest dog on the face of the planet right now, I don't know who is! :thumb:

Got linked here from Cack's "Pork Butt Noobie (need tips and pointers)" thread so I thought I would bring this thread back from the dead for my question.

1st of all that sammy looked outstanding and has me wondering if I should smoke this weekend in the snow. :crazy:

What does panning do? I read a comment from Myron Mixon a few days ago about his brisket technique, "You need to pan and wrap it for one third cooking time until internal temp reaches 205 at the point then let it rest." that got me wondering about panning.

Sounds like he is just using a foil pan with foil on top to seal the damn brisket, instead of what most of us do... just wrap the damn brisket in foil completely. Very similar if not the same result.

does the pan just act to collect the juices and baste the outside? if so could you put a foil pan on a lower rack (if you had one) and collect the juices for pulling. That way you would get better back and not have to flip it.

Looks really great by the way!

Looks great. I pan but put the meat on a small rack to keep it from sitting in the fat.

Back