Ford

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
GC Cancer Suxks
RC Smokin Scotsman in a ite breaker over KRE Smokers

More later.

Congrats Scottie!!!

Wow a tie breaker too!

Congrats to everyone who walked. Looks like the pork was a tough one for many teams. would love to hear the story about that.:confused:

Complete results

Overall:
1 Cancersuckschicago.com
2 Smokin' Scotsmen
3 KRE Smokers
4 Squirrels 2 BBQ
5 Extreme Roasters
6 Que 'N, Stew 'N
7 Winks BBQ
8 Spruce Ridge Smokers
9 Steel Smokin' BBQ
10 Giggly Pig BBQ Team
11 Pork of the North
12 The Powers of BBQ
13 Motley Que Crew
14 Double D's BBQ
15 Second Hand Smoke
16 Great Lakes BBQ & Feed C
17 Team Real Grillers
18 Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
19 Megjam Smoke
20 Metaltek Meatheads
21 Jus' Blowin' Smoke
22 Beale St. Smokehouse
23 Northern Smoke BBQ
24 Cole Pepper's
25 Ole Ken-Chuckie BBQ
26 Anchor City Smoke
27 Big Moe's
28 Buffalo Bros
29 Aww Hell
30 Redneck Cookers
31 Port-A-Jon's BBQ
32 Sweet Racks&Smokin' Butt
33 Pigs-N-Digs BBQ Team
34 Let's Get Sauced
35 Red, White & Que
36 Checkered Flag Barbecue
37 Up in Smoke & Chet Too
38 Grilladelic
39 Bar-B-Que-Skis
40 BBQ Mole
41 Dragonspit
42 Voogt Farms
43 Meat Wagon RescueGriller
44 Taters & Grits
45 Swine 'N Dandy
46 Team P.H.A.T.
47 Fire Keepin' Cassino

Chicken:
1 Extreme Roasters
2 Steel Smokin' BBQ
3 Double D's BBQ
4 Jus' Blowin' Smoke
5 Great Lakes BBQ & Feed C
6 Spruce Ridge Smokers
7 Squirrels 2 BBQ
8 Second Hand Smoke
9 Pork of the North
10 Team Real Grillers
11 Cancersuckschicago.com
12 Megjam Smoke
13 Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
14 The Powers of BBQ
15 Winks BBQ
16 Grilladelic
17 Smokin' Scotsmen
18 Motley Que Crew
19 BBQ Mole
20 Que 'N, Stew 'N
21 Metaltek Meatheads
22 Pigs-N-Digs BBQ Team
23 Dragonspit
24 Redneck Cookers
25 KRE Smokers
26 Beale St. Smokehouse
27 Up in Smoke & Chet Too
28 Sweet Racks&Smokin' Butt
29 Let's Get Sauced
30 Giggly Pig BBQ Team
31 Northern Smoke BBQ
32 Buffalo Bros
33 Aww Hell
34 Ole Ken-Chuckie BBQ
35 Port-A-Jon's BBQ
36 Anchor City Smoke
37 Checkered Flag Barbecue
38 Team P.H.A.T.
39 Big Moe's
40 Bar-B-Que-Skis
41 Meat Wagon RescueGriller
42 Voogt Farms
43 Cole Pepper's
44 Taters & Grits
45 Red, White & Que
46 Swine 'N Dandy

Ribs:
1 Extreme Roasters
2 KRE Smokers
3 Giggly Pig BBQ Team
4 Spruce Ridge Smokers
5 Beale St. Smokehouse
6 Motley Que Crew
7 Winks BBQ
8 Smokin' Scotsmen
9 Cancersuckschicago.com
10 Northern Smoke BBQ
11 Steel Smokin' BBQ
12 Anchor City Smoke
13 Jus' Blowin' Smoke
14 Squirrels 2 BBQ
15 Team Real Grillers
16 Aww Hell
17 Buffalo Bros
18 Second Hand Smoke
19 Metaltek Meatheads
20 Pork of the North
21 Big Moe's
22 Fire Keepin' Cassino
23 Megjam Smoke
24 Double D's BBQ
25 Que 'N, Stew 'N
26 Cole Pepper's
27 The Powers of BBQ
28 Red, White & Que
29 Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
30 Meat Wagon RescueGriller
31 Checkered Flag Barbecue
32 Redneck Cookers
33 Grilladelic
34 Dragonspit
35 Up in Smoke & Chet Too
36 Pigs-N-Digs BBQ Team
37 Ole Ken-Chuckie BBQ
38 Let's Get Sauced
39 Great Lakes BBQ & Feed C
40 Taters & Grits
41 Sweet Racks&Smokin' Butt
42 Bar-B-Que-Skis
43 Voogt Farms
44 BBQ Mole
45 Port-A-Jon's BBQ
46 Team P.H.A.T.
47 Swine 'N Dandy

Pork:
1 Cancersuckschicago.com
2 Squirrels 2 BBQ
3 Que 'N, Stew 'N
4 KRE Smokers
5 Megjam Smoke
6 Beale St. Smokehouse
7 Winks BBQ
8 The Powers of BBQ
9 Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
10 Port-A-Jon's BBQ
11 Ole Ken-Chuckie BBQ
12 Sweet Racks&Smokin' Butt
13 Cole Pepper's
14 Metaltek Meatheads
15 Steel Smokin' BBQ
16 Northern Smoke BBQ
17 Spruce Ridge Smokers
18 Double D's BBQ
19 Pork of the North
20 Smokin' Scotsmen
21 Great Lakes BBQ & Feed C
22 Grilladelic
23 Red, White & Que
24 Jus' Blowin' Smoke
25 Pigs-N-Digs BBQ Team
26 Motley Que Crew
27 Team Real Grillers
28 Let's Get Sauced
29 Redneck Cookers
30 Giggly Pig BBQ Team
31 Buffalo Bros
32 Second Hand Smoke
33 Bar-B-Que-Skis
34 Up in Smoke & Chet Too
35 Big Moe's
36 Taters & Grits
37 Aww Hell
38 Team P.H.A.T.
39 Extreme Roasters
40 Meat Wagon RescueGriller
41 BBQ Mole
42 Dragonspit
43 Checkered Flag Barbecue
44 Voogt Farms
45 Anchor City Smoke
46 Swine 'N Dandy

Brisket:
1 Smokin' Scotsmen
2 Cole Pepper's
3 Extreme Roasters
4 Giggly Pig BBQ Team
5 KRE Smokers
6 Great Lakes BBQ & Feed C
7 Anchor City Smoke
8 Que 'N, Stew 'N
9 Motley Que Crew
10 Second Hand Smoke
11 Cancersuckschicago.com
12 Ole Ken-Chuckie BBQ
13 Big Moe's
14 The Powers of BBQ
15 Voogt Farms
16 Port-A-Jon's BBQ
17 Squirrels 2 BBQ
18 Team Real Grillers
19 Red, White & Que
20 Pork of the North
21 Winks BBQ
22 Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
23 Checkered Flag Barbecue
24 Spruce Ridge Smokers
25 Metaltek Meatheads
26 Double D's BBQ
27 Bar-B-Que-Skis
28 Northern Smoke BBQ
29 Steel Smokin' BBQ
30 Aww Hell
31 Let's Get Sauced
32 Jus' Blowin' Smoke
33 Buffalo Bros
34 BBQ Mole
35 Sweet Racks&Smokin' Butt
36 Up in Smoke & Chet Too
37 Redneck Cookers
38 Megjam Smoke
39 Pigs-N-Digs BBQ Team
40 Beale St. Smokehouse
41 Swine 'N Dandy
42 Dragonspit
43 Taters & Grits
44 Meat Wagon RescueGriller
45 Grilladelic
46 Team P.H.A.T.

And now you know the whole story (more or less)

For those that were not there here's the true story if what happened to Great Lakes BBQ & Feed Co between 8 am Friday and 6 pm Saturday.

Arrived at site at 8:40 am and no problems. Tried to find a spot that was a rectangle so my trailer would fit. Only thing on asphalt as on other side of tennis courts and the rig is really too big to get in there so out to the outfield. Found a spot, dropped trailer, setup, moved truck, walked back to site and started generator. Plugged in trailer and the Honda went to ground fault right away. After third start I finally shut off the breakers and started turning them on one at a time. Only one that was a problem and it's where the fridge and freezer are. Figured that the draw somehow was overloading the generator (first time on the EU2000) so said going home. THAT'S #1. Packed up, got truck hooked up and while doing that watched ice delivery truck get stuck. Got into truck and moved maybe a foot before wheels started spinning so I stopped. Time to wait for tow truck. First he pulled out BBQ vendor, then ice truck then me. Then I got the bill for $75. THAT'S#2. John Bates says I can get you power if you can get into this spot. Took a look and said maybe but the ground is a little low and not sure I can clear the trees so said no way. THAT'S #3. So ready to leave and John says that Ken will let me use his EU3000 and he can put me on asphalt beside Ken so moved in. Tried power before unpacking and found out it was aground fault in the trailer not my Honda. THAT'S #4. Ready to pull out again when John says if you have cords I can plug you into the big diesel they had for the judging tent. Got plugged in and everything works so we're good to go. And I stayed. Believe it or not that was a bad decision.

Now comes the fun stuff. Started to prep meat and got out a couple of pans of frozen meat for my dinner pizzas. Turned on FE to warm up. OPERATOR ERROR!!!!! Forgot to take out the grease pan. Calmly trimming butts when people say looks like you have a lot of smoke coming out and it doesn't look too good. At least flames didn't make it out thru the roof. THAT"S #5. So no damper on the FE's as of now (will be this week) and I watched it burn out. Of course some grease got out and dripped on the floor and had a small lino/grease fire to put out. Followed with worrying about the walls and hitting them to be sure. Used 1.5 of my fire extinguishers. THAT’S #6. Ever tried to clean that stuff up? I requested they call the Fire Dept just in case the trailer went up and when they got there the fire was out and no clouds of smoke but it was a little warm Trailer walls at 190F and outside top of FE 390F. It was dropping. So back to trimming meat (maybe that's why my brisket did so good it had extra flavor from the chemicals). Had to mop floor as best I could and will have major work to do tomorrow.

Electrics of FE still work but the stainless box is basically destroyed. Racks were warped inside the smoker and door was buckled as was back wall. Insulation is shot for sure. So how's your contest so far Ford?

But wait there's more. I ended up by myself Friday because Derek was there but I said I was leaving and by the time I'd changed my mind it sounds like he was gone. And he had to leave late Friday anyway and he didn't have his mom there who was also going to help. Other help was not coming until Saturday. So did all 4 boxes by myself. Does that count as #7?

Got up Saturday morning at 5 to the sound of rain starting. Did I mention that Ken loaned me a cord and I had to run 3 cords to get to the power? Bet you can guess this one. The cord was on the tennis courts but we ran it on the backside so people wouldn't trip on it and there's just a slight 2 inch dip there. 6am and the power goes out. THAT'S #8. Got out my battery backup and plugged in the FE's so no problem but no lights. Fired up by EU2000 and turned off the fridge/freezer circuit and ran for the rest of the contest.

Overcooked my ribs. THAT'S #9. So bad things come in 3's right. Figured I was safe now but just in case #7 didn't count I got the 2nd #9 at home. Pulled into my driveway to get turned around to back into barn area. Goodbye to the neighbors basketball hoop. So it's a for sure 9 now.

I'm not sure I want to touch anything today. Had a good time in spite of everything.

And the fire boys came back Saturday for ribs and thought they were excellent. They may be good at judging fire danger but apparently they aren't so good as my ribs were 39th.

Anybody near here got a good used FE for sale at a great price??????

Where was Pellet Envy? According to his schedule he was suppose to be there.

Congratulations

Way to go Scottie, glad to see you get that GC!!!!!!

Laird

CBJ
BW Patio, Hasty Bake, ABS Pit Boss and Okie State Orange Thermapen

Congrats to everyone who heard their name, and especially to Scottie, the Smo Scos and KRE Smokers!

The Perseverance Award has go to to Ford, however! Ford, I sorry that you had to deal with all of that stuff! Thats enough bad luck for an entire season, so maybe you'll be clear for the rest of the year! :-D

Congrats to everyone who heard their name, and especially to Scottie, the Smo Scos and KRE Smokers!

The Perseverance Award has go to to Ford, however! Ford, I sorry that you had to deal with all of that stuff! Thats enough bad luck for an entire season, so maybe you'll be clear for the rest of the year! :-D

Absolutely! Here's to good scores and good vending the rest of the way for you Ford....sorry so many trials and tribulations!

Congrats to Scottie and the Scotsmen, and everyone else who walked!

Great weekend. Came as close as I have to a 180 pin in my career for my pork.. Someday I will get me one.

This contest is making great strides in taking care of the cooks. It is getting better each year. Kudos to John and crew.

Great weekend. Came as close as I have to a 180 pin in my career for my pork.. Someday I will get me one.

This contest is making great strides in taking care of the cooks. It is getting better each year. Kudos to John and crew.

It is going to be hard for anyone to beat you in "the shot in the dark" with that score. Good job!

It is going to be hard for anyone to beat you in "the shot in the dark" with that score. Good job!

And here I thought all of my good fortune was because I supplied the 9:22 am good luck shot... :thumb:

Back