First Rib-O-Lator cook

Hozman

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Well it finally showed up and I got it put together. For those wanting a review here it goes, though I have never done one before.

Assembly was easy and the directions were easy to follow. The only issue I found was the picture shows thumb screws keeping the rib-o-lator brackets on the skew and I got regular allen wrench screws, I went and bought 2 thumb screws.

I bought the cordless motor which states will turn 25# of meat. I had 2 racks of ribs and some salmon and it sounded like it was working very hard to keep rotisserie moving.

Big lesson I learned is what ever you are cooking has to fit within the trays. 1 of my racks hung over just ever so slight and it would catch teh other tray as it rotated and it would get caught and flip the food out. After swearing and screaming for a bit, took ribs in with the tray and re sized them. After that it worked great.

The extension ring I bought from Bob can be used for either a WSM or Kettle it is drilled for both and you just flip ring over depending which one you are using. For me I dont like having smoke and heat coming out of the drilled holes that aren't being used so I will cover them up with heat tape since I will only be using this on WSM.

Here are some pics. Also please don't bash me for buying this like some did in an earlier thread. I bought this because I wanted to and thought it would be a nice tool in the tool box. Some are very quick on here to insult or degrade someone for trying or buying something that they wouldn't.

http://s273.beta.photobucket.com/user/osk-hozman/library/cooks/Rib-O-Lator 1st cook

Last edited:
Was it good? I'm not on farkbook, so I can't read the content.

***Edit***

I can see the Photobucket page now - looks good! I got the Ribolator this summer and I really like it - it really expands the capacity of a 22.5 kettle. A good weapon to have in the arsenal! :thumb:

Last edited:
No way I'd bash you on a ROL purchase, I love mine. The dual extension ring is designed to be flipped over when going from WSM to Kettle. As for the motor, I have the same one, its noisier than hell but batteries last forever and mine has been spinning anything I can fit for almost a year. There is definitely a little learning curve with the ROL but once you figure it out you'll love it. Nice looking grub!

I just looked at your pics again and you have your slabs on consecutive rack, meaning top and bottom. If you space your slabs across from each other and play with the counterweight, you will greatly reduce the strain on your motor. I bet you noticed that the motor would struggle for half a rev and then make almost no noise, half of the learning curve with a rol is balance.

Also please don't bash me for buying this like some did in an earlier thread. I bought this because I wanted to and thought it would be a nice tool in the tool box. Some are very quick on here to insult or degrade someone for trying or buying something that they wouldn't.

Why this is even a problem is beyond me. If someone wants me to buy the product they endorse rather than the one I want or bought, then they can work and give me the money to pay for it. You work to earn your money; no one should insult you for spending YOUR money the way YOU want. (Except maybe the wife :biggrin1:)

The ROL looks great!!

Why this is even a problem is beyond me. If someone wants me to buy the product they endorse rather than the one I want or bought, then they can work and give me the money to pay for it. You work to earn your money; no one should insult you for spending YOUR money the way YOU want. (Except maybe the wife :biggrin1:)

The ROL looks great!!
What he said!

Here are some pics. Also please don't bash me for buying this like some did in an earlier thread. I bought this because I wanted to and thought it would be a nice tool in the tool box. Some are very quick on here to insult or degrade someone for trying or buying something that they wouldn't.

http://s273.beta.photobucket.com/user/osk-hozman/library/cooks/Rib-O-Lator 1st cook

Fark 'em!

When I first saw them, I thought they were a gimmick, but the more I thought about it, they were something that I knew would add to my outdoor cooking experience. And lucky for me I live near B-O-B!

Back