• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Dickey's BBQ pit?

superlazy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Looks like one just opened in town. Are they any good?

Got some from the Warner Robins site a while back.

Cardboard BBQ.

Don't want to speculate beyond that.

TIM

I was not crazy about it. If I can't make my own I go to Shane's Rib Shack (another fast food rib joint) but I prefer backyard BBQ.

They have good sweet tea and the free Jalapenos are good beyond That Not so much! The one In Waco lasted all of 6 weeks before they folded like a house of cards in a west Tx wind storm.. there aint any place in Waco that has great "Q" Rudy's is passable and the bad places are still doing business... SO what 's that tell ya.

It's Fast food BBQ, I thought the brisket tasted like pot roast. I have ruined BBQ that tasted better than Dickie's.

At one time, they wee pretty decent for fast-food BBQ. That was about 20 years ago when we lived in the Dallas, TX area.

We ate at one in San Jose (or somewhere in that area) about 2 years ago.

Terrible!! I think they used 1 stick of wood for about 1 ton of food.

wallace

I'd rather eat a gas station roller dog. I ate at one not far from my work, disgusting is being nice. I have no idea how they are still open.

I went once, and had the 2 meat plate. The pulled pork may have been loin instead of butt, and was not edible without sauce. The cheddar jalapeno sausage was really good, and the fried onions were delicious. I would go back for the sausage and onions.

It depends. They are all over SLC, Ut, and I have seen different results at different locations. Yes, its not your backyard, but I dont think any of us go out to eat BBQ that honestly expect it to beat our backyard. So we know that before we go. However, the one by my house is super busy, and they do a decent job. I have tried two other locations in the Salt Lake valley, and they sucked. Bad. So I think its up to the owner. My guess is you have a guy at my location like one of us, that decided to do a franchise, so his food is very decent. YMMV.

Back