• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Super smoker

CajunSmoker

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Rolling down the river between St Louis and New Or
I just went to Goodwill, La to drop off equipment that we needed for Monday to start building a gymnasium for a church.

When I pulled in I found this:

churchsmoker.jpg

I didn't put a tape measure on it, but it must be close to 20' x 4'. It's a reverse flow, site built. Each pair of handles you see in the pic is a pull out rack. 9 racks on that side and on the other side it has 6 larger racks.

I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone there about it, but they are going to be doing some serious cooking at this church:cool:

Oh and that little thing sitting on the left is some type of grill too. I'll take a good camera with me Monday and try to get some better pictures.

That's a monster!

Can't wait to see more pictures. Will they let you fire it up?

I doubt it. It's still being put together and hasn't had the first fire lit in it yet.

I may have to join the church just to get to play on their smoker:biggrin:

Maybe you better stick around to help em get that baby runnin properly!! :mrgreen:

Does the church have thier own forest to keep that thing lit too??? Wow, that is a lot of metal to get hot :)

Pretty cool cooker.

How many people go to that church? That is a monster!

It's not that big of a church. I would guess probably 250 - 300 member max. It is however a big rural farm community gathering place and theres also a lot of pipeliners in the community. I'm thinking probably that some of the old boys got together and started trying to outdo each other and the "Pit project" got a little out of hand:biggrin:

Looks like another Church of Zion Texas style 2 in the making :-D

Back