To convert or not convert to reverse flow?

Joe Beere

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I have an offset stick burner that I'm considering converting to a reverse flow. Having never cooked on a reverse flow smoker I don't know if it would be worth the effort and expense. Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe L

I have a reverse flow offset, and a regular offset. I LOVE my reverse flow and will never
have anything else, BUT I'm not converting my other non-reverse-flow... I guess the
question is really to you. It depends on how good your current smoker is, whether it's worth the upgrade/change, whether you're better suited to just go purchase a Lang/Bubba Grills, etc. I'm sure there's quite a bit to learn about the proper room needed for the baffle, the proper opening at the end, proper grease drainage, moving the exhaust, etc.

First, thanks for the reply. Second, sorry for the double post. The first one with the attachment didn't show up so I thought I did something wrong and posted again without the attachment.

I really enjoy the smoker the way it is. I don't mind rotating/turning as needed but it might be nice to set and forget as well.

Back