Shameless Plug

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
No, I'm not being a shill and Ron_L has nothing to do with this, except for the fact that his coffee has absoutely RUINED ME in my ability to tolerate store bought coffee for the future. :mad2: Yes, Roastin' Ronnie's coffee is THAT good. Simply an outstanding blend - both the Holiday and Serengeti - which is what I've had so far. I will not hesitate to try future blends too and if there are any coffee lovers on the site that have not yet experienced Ron's roasting efforts, you've GOT to remedy that.
Nuff Said.

:becky:

Can I get an "AMEN"?

Well, I can give you an AMEN, but not because I like it. I just never drank coffee. BUT, that being said, Ron brought some down here and my church members loved it so much that they ask me often when the "coffee guy" is coming back. I even ordered some from him to give as presents last year to a few of them.

Ron knows his coffee. I hear the price is more than fair, too. Again, i don't but it for myself, so I don't know. He charges me $45 a bag, which he tells me is fair market value. {okay, the last sentence was a joke...}

He charges me $45 a bag, which he tells me is fair market value. {okay, the last sentence was a joke...}
Shut up Chambers! I nearly had a farking heart attack when I read that! He's always charged me the remarkably low price of $60, so when I read that I just couldn't believe it!

WOW I get mine for free

If by that you mean that there is no "monetary" exchange...:p

Seriously though at the $12.00 per bag I paid considering that the premium whole bean blends at the groceries are close in price but nowhere near the quality, it's a hands down deal. Ron's stuff is obviously a labor of love y'all.

Wait...that didn't sound right...

Ron knows his coffee. I hear the price is more than fair, too. Again, i don't but it for myself, so I don't know. He charges me $45 a bag, which he tells me is fair market value. {okay, the last sentence was a joke...}

See what you started! I told you that was a "special price" just for you because of your "special connections" :becky:

Thanks guys! I'm glad that you are enjoying it. I have a very nice Kenya that I will roast once my current burst of travel is over, and i have 30 lbs of Kona waiting for roasting as well.

Hey Guerry, check the weights on those bags at the store. A lot of those 'I assume it is a pound' bags actually weigh 11 ounces. $12 to $15 for a pound of varietal hand roasted coffee is actually an excellent deal.

See what you started! I told you that was a "special price" just for you because of your "special connections" :becky:

Sorry, Ron. I forgot.

If you're traveling, I hope you're still out of the country.

I pray that you can make it down in March and can bring some coffee to sell...I know my members will want to buy some.

Hey Guerry, check the weights on those bags at the store. A lot of those 'I assume it is a pound' bags actually weigh 11 ounces. $12 to $15 for a pound of varietal hand roasted coffee is actually an excellent deal.
Yep. I always check weights and they're usually 11.5 oz. or less. Plus, no telling how long they've been on the shelf. Ron's are indeed an excellent deal.

We tried to go back to a "100 percent Columbian" a few days ago and both Michele's and my reaction was to want to spit it out. Before, it was acceptable...

If by that you mean that there is no "monetary" exchange...:p

Seriously though at the $12.00 per bag I paid considering that the premium whole bean blends at the groceries are close in price but nowhere near the quality, it's a hands down deal. Ron's stuff is obviously a labor of love y'all.

Wait...that didn't sound right...

No money is correct. I picked up Ron and his wife at the Phila airport for the KCBS banquet last year. He sent me a bag of excellent coffee. I got the better part of the deal

Just got my Baratza Maestro grinder. Now I can truly enjoy Roastin Rons. Very smooth. Excellent coffee. Can not wait to make my sister jealous this week when she comes to my house. Just have to figure out what setting I like the best. I like my coffee fairly strong so I can taste it. Thanks Ron

Back