My new Smoke House

That's a great project. Thanks for all the detailed pictures. Trying to convince a buddy of mine to build one together on his property. This looks like a winning design. Thanks for sharing.

Very Nice! Just to mess with the neighbors I'd have to put a half moon in the door :heh:

Looks good. I love my smokehouse. Next time you are in grayslake, let me know and you and shagdog can come over and check mine out and I can show you some ways to get that temp up so you can do some turkeys, hams, etc in there.

Nice build!

As im down in the Elgin area, I too would be interested in seeing this too. :wink:

I have been thinking about building a smoke house, out back and seeing how much GSXR883 said it cost has me very interested in the Design.

As im down in the Elgin area, I too would be interested in seeing this too. :wink:

I have been thinking about building a smoke house, out back and seeing how much GSXR883 said it cost has me very interested in the Design.

Anytime. Just give me a shout when you are in the area!

Nice job! I'm a firm believer that everyone should have a smokehouse. :thumb:

Nice build. I have had a couple wood smoke houses a bit larger (4 x 4 x 8) and they last a long time. Oifmarime 2003 has a similar smoke house and can give great guideance. You will love what you can do with it!

Yep already thought about that. I have it behind my fence so not sure if they will see it. But they will smell it. :)

Do you have a material list?

Paul B
SS UDS

I have had a number of people ask so here is the material list.

I live in North Eastern Illinois and bought everything at Menards. After totaling everything up it will cost more than I put in the original post. About $120. I had some of these items already so my cost was less.

Material and quantity

1" x 6" x 6' Tongue & Groove Carsiding 20
2" x 3" x 8' Stud or Better Lumber 8
1" x 4" x 6' Standard Pine Board 2
Titebond III Ultimate Wood Glue 8 ounce 1
#8 x 2" Phillips Flat Head Wood Screws 50 pc 2
16D Common Nail - 1lb Box 1

14" Charcoal Kettle Grill 1 or heat source of your choice.

4" Strap Hinge Sold as a 2 pack 2
Hook & Eye 3

Tools required:
table saw
miter saw
jig saw
circular saw
cordless drill
hammer
wood clamps
drill bit
square
level
tape measure
pencil

There are some assumptions that you have a general understanding of carpentry.
Reader assumes all responsibility and liability.

Results of the new smoke house (more pron)

Did my first smoke in the new smoke yesterday. Hot smoke not cold. I haven't drawn up plans. The pictures are the plans.

This was the last 14 lbs of the 50 lbs I picked up with Shagdog.

The two in the middle are so dark because they are covered in pepper.

Smoked for about 4 hours pulled when internal temp hit 150. I'll be able to fit a lot of food in this little house.

Attachments

• IMG_8549.jpg
    IMG_8549.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_8550.jpg
    IMG_8550.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_8552.jpg
    IMG_8552.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_8564.jpg
    IMG_8564.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_8565.jpg
    IMG_8565.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_8566.jpg
    IMG_8566.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 205
Great job!

I have tossed around the idea of building a smoke house. Then i realized I dont have the tools, and I'm not that handy!

Back